0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guide to skip trash exploit

Hello all! Welcome to my first original post. I don't think this is a repost, I went 8 pages back and got bored looking for it and a search of "skip trash" didn't turn up anything relevant.

Introduction
    If you've ever suffered an extreme lag spike before you get kicked from a server, you'll have been unwittingly performing this trick. When your internet connection dies while you're playing WoW you get a sort of "grace period" in which you can reconnect without the game telling you you've been kicked from the server. If you do reconnect before that "grace period" is over then the server and your game client will synch up certain things in order to maintain the illusion of uninterrupted play. One of the things it synchs up is your position in the game world - namely, the server updates your position according to where your client says you are.

So what does this mean for us? Well, it means you can skip large numbers of trash pulls by "teleporting" from safe point A to safe point B in any given instance. This is accomplished by deliberately disconnecting from the internet, running to where you want to be, and reconnecting, before your client kicks you to the login screen.

Things you will need
    - A "safe spot" to run to, consisting of a place to stand where no mobs will aggro you
    - A basic understanding of internet connections and routers or modems
    - Practice

Methodology
    TIMING IS VERY IMPORTANT.
    I can't stress this enough. You will have about 10-12 seconds to run from one place to the other (12 is pushing it, and I prefer to keep it in the 8-10 range for safety's sake and to compensate for the time it takes to actually reconnect to the network).
    What you're going to have to do disconnect from the internet, run to your safe spot, and reconnect. If you get a "disconnected" message you took too long to reconnect and are either dead or standing where you were when you pulled the plug. A trick I've found helpful in shaving off the seconds is to set it to autorun and disconnect just before I aggro mobs, then steer it 'til I'm where I wanna be, and having the disconnect/reconnect method ready beforehand.
    You can disconnect in a number of different ways; I'm on a wireless network, so I run WoW windowed and do it through my windows interface. My guildies who are hardwired into their modems or routers just unplug their ethernet cables and plug 'em back in when they're ready to reconnect.
    The ways this can be applied are numerous. The way I did it involved me, another guy, and a warlock skipping through trash and summoning the rest of the party to the safe zone. However, you can also use this to run one warlock to a safe spot while two rogues or druids follow stealthed (least chance of failure because only one guy has to do it), or just have the entire party pull it off. The last method is potentially the most time consuming because of the increased chance of failure from people ****ing it up.

Conclusion
    For those who haven't picked it up, this is essentially a hardware speedhack. Software speedhacks work by artificially boosting your ping to such heights that you achieve this without manually disconnecting. HOWEVER, software speedhacks are detectable by Warden and this is not.
    THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT BANNABLE. IT IS.
    Once again, I can't stress that enough. Now you ****ers can't complain if you do get banned - I haven't been banned for using this, I don't know anyone who has, but I know that if you get caught (probably by getting dobbed in) you will most likely be banned for exploiting.

Thanks for reading. I hope this proves helpful.

NINJA EDIT: Mmoninja brought the following to my attention. Thanks to Mmoninja and Flyingpiggy, respectively, for this idea and the program itself.
    Warning: All software is detectable by Warden, so if you accidentally leave your XYZ hack on, or Blizzard adds Net Limiter or FlyingPiggy's program to Warden's blacklist, expect a ban.

Originally Posted by mmoninja View Post
    flying piggy released a program to do this (f1) and there are others. i use one called net limiter. same thing, freezes your connection. this works very well, for instance, i use it to do chess event (steal an ID from a raid that has done opera) in conjunction with xyz. zone in back entrance, lag hack, xyz up a few levels, move in to curators room, xyz up to chess, unlag hack. voila, free gear/badges/vortex

some things i have found when using lag hack to skip mobs:

first, if there are mobs close to you when you start the lag hack, when you resume your conncetion, you will often end up dead.

ways to avoid this:

- get a warlock to soulstone you, or self rez (shamans)
    - stealth classes do not have this issue
    - use an invisibility pot before starting the lack hack, the invisbility pot will last the duration until you resume connection
    - clear the mobs that are close. if, when you start the lag hack, there are no mobs loaded on to your screen, you will be alive when you resume your connection at your destination. example: i use this to farm heroic sethek halls last boss only. if you lag hack and then xyz through the door to the last boss without clearing the first pack, you'll end up dead. if you clear the first pack before hand, then lack hack starting at the beginning of the instance, you'll still be alive at the last boss

DOUBLE NINJA EDIT: FlyingPiggy's program and the instructions to use it can be found here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...ing-piggy.html
    Thanks again, Mmoninja and FlyingPiggy.
    Last edited by daemon45; 05-08-2008 at 10:15 PM.

Guide to skip trash exploit
    Sjaakie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip, Might come in handy from time to time.
    Could this also be used in arena's? Like in 1v1s teleporting from the left to right side, while actually being "dc" will maybe save your life.

+ rep for you.

daemon45's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sjaakie View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Might come in handy from time to time.
    Could this also be used in arena's? Like in 1v1s teleporting from the left to right side, while actually being "dc" will maybe save your life.

+ rep for you.
    Thanks for the rep

Unfortunately you can still be attacked while you're disconnected, so it's probably useless as far as arenas go (unless you teleport right as the gates open and surprise them? Maybe useful for or against melee...)

EDIT: Also, you won't want to be skipping all over the place in arenas as you're much more likely to get reported. Just thought of that - I don't PvP much.

Zyanide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find +rep =)

Scarecr0w's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!!
    Scamming, graphics and downloading of programs.

Zumrec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, it works in SW

algeo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep for you.
    A) Statement B is true.
    B) Statement A is false.

hydropatrick420's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tested, confirmed, WORKS IN INSTANCES very well, some people cant get it to work, not sure why, I have a cable that i just unplug and replug the moment i pass the mobs, imagine this with the Sunwell Exploration.... you just need to get past the first group of trash in order to Unstuck through the floor, IMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, try it folks

chrisernja's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, +rep =)
    OMG!!! oO:runaway:

Clown^'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you saying is: Pull the plug and 'ope you dont get kicked off b4 u reconnect?

Just use winlag? never Dc with that and u can go for up to 30 seconds

Akisunmaaji's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mansellr View Post
    So what you saying is: Pull the plug and 'ope you dont get kicked off b4 u reconnect?

Just use winlag? never Dc with that and u can go for up to 30 seconds
    Correct.

If anyone wants me to I will upload a program that can help you with this. It isn't winlag, but it is very easy to use. F1 to break connection, F2 to restore connection. I was messing around one day and used it to get to the first boss in Sunwell, however the mobs killed me somehow. It was fun though!

mmoninja's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flying piggy released a program to do this (f1) and there are others. i use one called net limiter. same thing, freezes your connection. this works very well, for instance, i use it to do chess event (steal an ID from a raid that has done opera) in conjunction with xyz. zone in back entrance, lag hack, xyz up a few levels, move in to curators room, xyz up to chess, unlag hack. voila, free gear/badges/vortex

some things i have found when using lag hack to skip mobs:

first, if there are mobs close to you when you start the lag hack, when you resume your conncetion, you will often end up dead.

ways to avoid this:

- get a warlock to soulstone you, or self rez (shamans)
    - stealth classes do not have this issue
    - use an invisibility pot before starting the lack hack, the invisbility pot will last the duration until you resume connection
    - clear the mobs that are close. if, when you start the lag hack, there are no mobs loaded on to your screen, you will be alive when you resume your connection at your destination. example: i use this to farm heroic sethek halls last boss only. if you lag hack and then xyz through the door to the last boss without clearing the first pack, you'll end up dead. if you clear the first pack before hand, then lack hack starting at the beginning of the instance, you'll still be alive at the last boss

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is also nice to note that combined with Rocket Boots Xtreme, you can get across instances very fast.

yo2p3u's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOve it works perfectly but do u acctualy know any1 that got banned?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by yo2p3u View Post
    LOve it works perfectly but do u acctualy know any1 that got banned?
    I believe that he stated in the original post that he does not know anyone that has gotten banned, but it is a bannable offense (even though it will not be detected by warden easily, if a GM catches you in the act you will be banned).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast