Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to put yourself at top of damage meters (recount mod)

If your guild DPS is obsessed with damage meters, here is an easy way to always put yourself in the top 5. Its assuming you are using the RECOUNT damage meter (Index of /Recount/), Recount does sync with other players so all of them will see the same numbers you do. The other popular damage meter is SWStats, I do have a hack for that as well but I don't have a version atm thats working with 2.4 - I will post when I update it. I find recount much better than swstats, so try to convince guildies to use Recount.

The trick is basically to constantly inject "fake damage" into recount. Make a new macro, and type one of the following depending on whether you are a melee (rogue, warrior, enh shaman, etc) or caster (mage, warlock, etc).

MELEE:
    /script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SWING_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,1250+random(500),1 ,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

CASTER:
    /script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SPELL_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,27072,"Frostbolt", 0x10,1975+random(1000),16,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

Some explanations:

SWING_DAMAGE or SPELL_DAMAGE are the damage types. There are others, such as Heals, DOTs, and probably ranged. I don't have a hunter so I'm not really sure what their damage is like.

The number 0x511 means the damage was caused by you, a player, shouldn't have to change this.

The number 0x10a48 means that the damage was caused against a hostile NPC that you were targeting. Shouldn't have to change this.

For the MELEE people, 1450+random(500) is how much damage your swing was. Can make it higher or lower, as you please. The random() is there so every melee attack isn't the same amount. The ,1 following means the attack was a crit.

For casters, 27072 is the spell ID of frostbolt. For other spells, go to Wowhead: Your skill in WoW has increased to 375., look up the spellname (in abilities after search), and use the spell ID which is the number in the address bar. So for example Frostbolt rank 13 is 27072, Fireball rank 13 is 27070, or Shadow Bolt rank 11 is 27079. Type in the spell name after the number.

The 0x10 in spells refers to the spell school. 0x10 is Frost. The values are:

school spellSchool
    physical 0x01
    holy 0x02
    fire 0x04
    nature 0x08
    frost 0x10
    shadow 0x20
    arcane 0x40

Be sure to change appropriately - if you are a warlock, use fire or shadow, for fire mages use fire, and so on.

So if you are for example a fire mage, your macro would be:

/script Recount:CombatLogEvent(nil,GetTime(),"SPELL_DAMAGE",UnitGUID("player"),UnitName( "player"),0x511,UnitGUID("target"),UnitName("Target"),0x10a48,27070,"Fireball",0 x04,3375+random(1000),16,0,0,0,1,nil,nil);

Put this in a macro, and put the macro somewhere on your button bars. Now while you are fighting trash, boss, or whatever just click the button while you are regularly casting fireball (make sure you have a unfriendly target selected!). You will see your numbers jumping up in the damage meters. You can keep clicking in the middle of casts, it won't interrupt them or anything, just keeps your numbers jumping up!

Don't spam too much or you will do like 4x the damage of the next person, and people will be very suspicious. If you keep yourself always in the top 5 I find it works best, and your guild leaders and officers think you are elite

You can see more details on the parameters at this page, although its pretty technical:

API COMBAT LOG EVENT - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Any questions post away!

How to put yourself at top of damage meters (recount mod)
    Harisukusan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6): Soooooo...... EVIL!

joho's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awee.. I'd really like to know what it is for hunters, but well, usually we top the meters without those fizzly commands x)
    101, 73, 31, 11

Israfel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can a member who has been around a while confirm or deny this?
    With the influx of people making multiple accounts to +Rep them self I am reluctant rep people these days.

mini04's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it all rigged up for auto shot but it shows up on only MY recount, no one else's, is that what it's supposed to do?
    Last edited by mini04; 04-04-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Brisi[NOR]'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for me
    hsnap:

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep for the very detailed, and in-depth guide. Nicely written. I guess this could also double as a guide thread to hacking recount.

Frillie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man - nice. If I had an account to test this with I would.

Is it possible to work with healing?

Pious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frillie View Post
    Man - nice. If I had an account to test this with I would.

Is it possible to work with healing?
    This ^^

n30n's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide, thos its quite easy to spot :/

SuperUser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should be using recount to benchmark yourself against other players of your class so that you can improve in gear and play style. Faking damage benefits no-one.

Saiket's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperUser View Post
    you should be using recount to benchmark yourself against other players of your class so that you can improve in gear and play style. Faking damage benefits no-one.
    Someone just got owned on the meters!

Heheh, in all seriousness though, damage meters aren't skill-o-meters.
    AddOn developer and long time explorer.

Me0w's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, this would be really useful just to make my DPS obsessed friend shut up.

How well does it work with other clients, though? Say I use Recount and my guildies use Violation. Will they still see the same thing on their meters?

puppychow's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll update the post tomorrow to including a healing hack, its pretty similar just the spell type and parameters are different.

It syncs fine across multiple people as long as everyone is using compatible versions of Recount. The current version is r68052, its backwards compatible (sync wise) with a few numbers but not too far back. As long as your friends and guildies update to a recent version it'll sync fine, I've used it so far in guild SSC/TK raids to boost myself to #1 and #2 DPS spots, and I don't even show the reports another person does (and I'm #1 or 2 on theirs, sometimes while watching TV and just spamming the macro button lol)

I don't believe it'll work with other clients like Violation or SWStats or DamageMeters, each uses a different way to record and keep data. The principles are the same though, you simply figure out how the mod gets data and then you call that function yourself with dummy data, over and over.

So yeah, if your guild uses a ton of different damage meter clients this won't really work well, and people will get suspicious if you report a widely different result from everyone else. Either get every single damage meter mod out there (lol) and inject into every one, or convince the guild to use one mod. I'm lucky in that my guild has only 3-4 people that have meters, and all of them use Recount.

If you list other damage meters and the URLs I can download them and write similar macros for them.

I agree hacking damage meters is kinda dumb but every raiding guild seems to have that retard who loves being #1 and yells at people who aren't #1. Its nice to do this kinda stuff to get far ahead of those people, and yell at them for sucking. You can just picture them crying at home that no matter what they do they can't catch up, lol!
    Last edited by puppychow; 04-04-2008 at 08:58 PM.

Kiingy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you make one for SWStats, hunter ? =D
    SW Stats | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast