Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you make any race be any class in Wotlk?

I've been messing around with my own pserver using AzerothCore for my pserver. I've been having fun editing quests and items but have been wondering how to edit to make it so that any race can be any class? I've seen some other guides here but everything seemed fairly outdated and different as they used an older version of Trinity? I tried doing it myself, trying to add the Warrior class to Bloodelves by copying and pasting Warriors lines in the playercreateinfo and charstartoutfit files and changing the race to 10 for bloodelves, but nothing seemed to work. Using sql editing, I could make a warrior and then switch its race to bloodelves and it'll work kind of after all the copying and pasting I did before, but the character would break, not being able to talk and their spells being a mess.

So, how do you make any race be any class? Am I forgetting to edit or add a line here and there?

How do you make any race be any class in Wotlk?
    Anime50's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it out. This person made a youtube video that outlined the whole process : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUAndDnMWKs

I technically did forget to add a line, I had to add the race and class combo in charbaseinfo and then add it in a mpq patch so that it will show up in the character creation menu and I also needed to add starting items in playercreateinfo_item for the new race/class combo. Other than that it was pretty simple, just copy and paste another class's lines for playercreateinfo, playercreateinfo_item, playercreateinfo_action, and change the race id for those copied lines to your desired race, and add a new line in with the new race/class combo in charbase info.

The only issue I had with this was that apparently the racial active spell wouldn't be auto learned, so the new race/class combo was missing their special racial ability? I'm not sure why that was happening but nothing some gm commands can't fix!

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the SkillLine and SkillLineAbility DBC files.

- Skill Line WoWDev Wiki
    - Skill Line Ability WoWDev Wiki

Skill line defines the category. Ability maps the spell ID to the category.