1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1.14.0] Changing the Item database

So I am interested into helping the 1.14 client, and on a recently launched server called Everlook is using progressive itemization, from patch 1.2 to 1.12.1. In the original 1.12 client is made so that it recieves information from the server to the client so items are automatically updated thru deleting WDB in the client's folder, but the 1.14 client has that information built in the client and was wondering if its possible using some database editor or however it works to update the items to match the 1.2 version of them. I know its not an easy task to do but I want to know if its even possible to achieve, since i know these clients work way different and blizzard could have made them so its impossible to touch the database for the items so i am here asking for advice. If this is actually possible will be a step forward into making the 1.14 client even more usable on vanilla private servers, and make it so people want to use the "better" client.

[1.14.0]  Changing the Item database
    tommingc's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HermesProxy support some of the hotfixes to the client, for example HermesProxy/HermesProxy/CSV at master . WowLegacyCore/HermesProxy . GitHub
    you will probably need to modify the source code to load item hotfix for different patch.
    for details you can join their discord server and ask questions to the author @brotalnia
    also if you only care about item appearance, you could make a special addon, which might be easier than understand and modify the proxy.
    both require tons of work for sure.
    Last edited by tommingc; 11-29-2022 at 03:06 AM.

3. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to tommingc for this useful post)