0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create Post-80 Progression Spells WITHOUT editing the Core

Hi all! I've been running my own single player server for a couple weeks now. I've had some success with making new spells, an item or two, and simple modifications to gameplay.

The client and database both have functionality for levels above 80 (up to 100, from what I can see). It's possible to go above 100 with the GM commands.
    I got a character to 80 and the XP bar is gone, even though I have the max level set to 100 in the server's config file.
    My floating text still shows me gaining XP, but I'm not sure if I'll actually Ding again.
    I know where the 'stats by level' are in the SQL, so assuming I can Ding, I'll be good there.

I've gotten a lot better at using the Spell Editor, DBCEditor, and Heidi to compare and contrast existing spells to get the new one to do what I want.
    I like the idea of gradually boosting items, but it seems 'Perm. Enchants' and 'Temp. Enchants' are both limited to 1 "slot" each per item. Haven't riddled a way out of that one yet.
    Putting the stats on the character would probably be better, as it would make item upgrades a lot easier to parse.
    But I know certain things (like Talent Points) reset when you level up or log, so that may be an issue.

There is a lot of precedent that's very adjacent to the pieces I would need. I can't quite wrap my head around how to put them together.
    Guru's Elixir (spell 53759) gives +All Stats
    Flasks' spells persist through Death.
    The Restore Energy (spell 9512) from Thistle Tea has a pointer to the character's level.
    Plenty of spells like Deadly Poison have stacks.
    There's flags for preventing a spell from being dispelled (by player or otherwise).
    There is a way to do this, I'm just a bit too cross-eyed at the moment to see it.

I'm in the process of designing how I'm going to progress, (likely by spending badges) but...

TLDR is:

1. I need a Spell that will increase my level (or a way to get the XP bar back).
    2. I need a Spell that will increase my character stats permanently.
    3. I need a Spell that will increase my talent points permanently.

And I do not want to modify the Core. Every time I touch that thing it explodes.

^If I can get these 3 spells, I can do the rest.
    I can riddle my way into making items that cast them, quests that reward those items, vendors that sell them, etc.

Create Post-80 Progression Spells WITHOUT editing the Core
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you will need core edits unfortunately. It is relatively easy to do the three things you wish to do, by adding new spell effects to SpellEffects.cpp and then setting those on custom spells in the spell editor (you would add the new spell effect in the languages file for the spell editor).

The only one you might not need a core edit for is the stats, if you apply it as an aura that is never dispelled and cannot be cancelled. However, it would be better to not have it as an aura and instead permanently modify the characters stats.

In terms of the XP bar being hidden, this is controlled by the interface files client side. You would need to:

A) Disable the client signature check that prevents you modifying the client interface files (see here: https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...n-remover.html ([Repost] SIG & MD5 Protection Remover))
    B) Modify Interface/FrameXML/ReputationFrame.lua to change the max level:

Code:
    -- Hard coded =(, will need to add entries for each expansion
    MAX_PLAYER_LEVEL_TABLE = {};
    MAX_PLAYER_LEVEL_TABLE[0] = 60;
    MAX_PLAYER_LEVEL_TABLE[1] = 70;
    MAX_PLAYER_LEVEL_TABLE[2] = 80;
    These are the maximum levels for vanilla, TBC, and WOTLK.

Specifically the code hiding the XP bar:
    Code:
    		if ( newLevel < MAX_PLAYER_LEVEL and not IsXPUserDisabled() ) then
    			MainMenuExpBar:Show();
    			MainMenuExpBar.pauseUpdates = nil;
    			MainMenuBarMaxLevelBar:Hide();
    		else
    			MainMenuExpBar:Hide();
    			MainMenuExpBar.pauseUpdates = true;
    			MainMenuBarMaxLevelBar:Show();
    			ExhaustionTick:Hide();
    		end
    So you could test this in game by doing:
    Code:
    /script MainMenuExpBar:Show(); MainMenuBarMaxLevelBar:Hide(); MainMenuExpBar.pauseUpdates = nil;
    Last edited by stoneharry; 10-16-2022 at 06:04 PM.