1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Command Issued; Spell not visible (GM)

Hello. I am using the Skyfire project Torghast emulation for 5.4.8 with only minor problems, that the uploader has been working on. However, I ran into an issue with the gm spells not appearing inside the spellbook tab. I realize this might be due to the auto-acquire feature that got added in these later editions of the game. Does anyone have thier own working copy who can shed some light on this or a screenshot of how it should be working?

I also tried adding singly by spellID but the codes (which come from a 3.3.5 compile) don't seem to be translating. Maybe they are missing from the dbc and if so can I add them using heidi SQL?

Command Issued; Spell not visible (GM)
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hypoE View Post
    Hello. I am using the Skyfire project Torghast emulation for 5.4.8 with only minor problems, that the uploader has been working on. However, I ran into an issue with the gm spells not appearing inside the spellbook tab. I realize this might be due to the auto-acquire feature that got added in these later editions of the game. Does anyone have thier own working copy who can shed some light on this or a screenshot of how it should be working?

I also tried adding singly by spellID but the codes (which come from a 3.3.5 compile) don't seem to be translating. Maybe they are missing from the dbc and if so can I add them using heidi SQL?
    Patches newer than 3.3.5 are still not supported well and not documented very well. I believe the spell data will be in the DB2 files in that expansion, which works a bit differently to DBC. Adding it to the database is not enough since the client needs to be aware of it. The 3.3.5 spell IDs almost certainly do not map over to the newer patch IDs.

You might be able to run a command like: .lookup spell mySpellName

hypoE's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Patches newer than 3.3.5 are still not supported well and not documented very well. I believe the spell data will be in the DB2 files in that expansion, which works a bit differently to DBC. Adding it to the database is not enough since the client needs to be aware of it. The 3.3.5 spell IDs almost certainly do not map over to the newer patch IDs.

You might be able to run a command like: .lookup spell mySpellName
    Thanks for my first response I did find a list of post-wrath gm power codes and many of those will drop in using the .learn function. I am really only interested in the dmg (rank 1-15?) spell and while I have a code for ranks 1-13, I am getting an error message insisting that I add the [all] notation in order to "learn all ranks"...but each spell rank has its own code. So alas, I cannot get both achievement credit and the loot table it seems.

hypoE's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone cares, I found the GM command ranks in sql are set to 5. So that explains a few missing items. Also, the spell set for "dmg 1-10" is macro code based in this xpac. The only limitation being that I can't seem to get the dmg type/spell animations to work for it. So it always hits as physical... oh well.

5. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to hypoE for this useful post)