0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dll error a starting mysql

Its been maybe 10 years since I last made a server and decided to get back into it again. I downloed ac web repack and trinity 3.3.5a and everytime I launch mysql I get a msvcr120.dll missing. I downloaded a new file placed in sys32 and in repack folder and still get the error. I spent close to 10 hours trying to figure out before posting but at my witts end. Anyone give me some direction on this? I got the trinity creator and able to successfully connecto to mysql with that

Dll error a starting mysql
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Denelly View Post
    Its been maybe 10 years since I last made a server and decided to get back into it again. I downloed ac web repack and trinity 3.3.5a and everytime I launch mysql I get a msvcr120.dll missing. I downloaded a new file placed in sys32 and in repack folder and still get the error. I spent close to 10 hours trying to figure out before posting but at my witts end. Anyone give me some direction on this? I got the trinity creator and able to successfully connecto to mysql with that
    Never download individual DLL files. This will mess up the dependencies on your computer even more and you cannot tell if they have put a virus in.

MSVCRxxx is from the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages. 12 refers to 2012 I believe. You can find x86 and x64 links here: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs

It needs to match what the repack was compiled with.

3. Thanks Hazzbazzy (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)