Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the custom changes (for trinitycore) ?

is there a place where I can browse all the custom changes (for trinity core) ?

anything from server script(eg. new features like transmog) to sql script(eg. cool new item) to dbc changes(eg. new model)

all I get now are random mod pages and "xxx repack"

NO! What I need a workshop-like place, something like AzerothCore catalogue (azcore's "module system" is pretty cool, sadly they don't support any playerbot or npcbot system yet)

All the custom changes (for trinitycore) ?
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, no.

lain__'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHY?
    it's definitely abnormal considering the huge player amount
    should I blame Blizzard for it? Does Blizzard punch the guys who go "too far"?

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lain__ View Post
    WHY?
    it's definitely abnormal considering the huge player amount
    should I blame Blizzard for it? Does Blizzard punch the guys who go "too far"?
    No. WoW emulation is a legally grey territory, and incredibly challenging to do to any sort of high quality. Funservers were the norm back in TBC and early WOTLK days because nothing Blizzlike worked. Now Blizzlike is the norm because you can fire up a Blizzlike 3.3.5 server with pretty much zero effort and it will work almost fully and scale to thousands of players.

Emulator developers are not interested in creating servers or custom content, they never have been. For them more often than not it's more a chance to practice some incredibly advanced and complicated code as a hobby. A lot of emulator developers are actively against doing anything sort of custom.

That leaves forums like this as the last bastion for custom content. The barriers to entry are incredibly high, and if you become any good at it then you can go and get a real software engineering job that is incredibly in-demand pays very well. Simple things like SQL scripts and DBC changes are so trivial that nobody posts about it anymore.

Simply put, very few developers who are half decent want to get involved in custom content. I do it, but that's because it was a childhood dream for me. Writing documentation is boring and you could not pay me enough to do it. The demand isn't there for it.

lain__'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, thanks for the reply

I came from the tarkov emulator community, and things are quite different there. Well, guess I have to accept it