Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a skin to the character creation screen. (Vanilla 1.12)

Hey guys, I am tinkering around with a private server I got running on my machine, and I want to experiment with making changes to the server as well as making some client side modifications. One of the things I want to do is to make a Dark Iron dwarf skin selectable from the dwarf character creation screen. I want this to be a new skin, and not a replacement I have the texture files I want to use (all of them are actually preexisting files.) but I am not sure where I need to go to make sure that the sever and clients will be able to recognize this addition. It seems like I need to use CharSections.dbc, but I am not sure what else. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Edit: Also I should mention, my server is running on CMaNGOS
    Last edited by Ronix6; 07-08-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Adding a skin to the character creation screen. (Vanilla 1.12)
    Mistymimi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping to do something similar, though I'm very unsure how to go about it(I am using vmangos). Something I found that may be useful though is that you can view npc skin values using this dressing room. Easily allowing you to see the values for each npc skin. I suspect things get more difficult if you're adding new skins. Some servers have created items that change your skin value with what I assume is a spell tied to said item. If you decided to use items to work around using the character creation screen it is important to note variant skins have different numbers depending on the character's gender. For example a female dark iron dwarf has a skin value of 11 while the male's value is 10. Additionally some skins don't have an equivalent for the opposite gender. An example is that the red fel orcs males have a skin value of 11, but there is no equivalent for female orcs.
    Last edited by Mistymimi; 01-19-2022 at 02:36 AM.