Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to edit existing quests and items with Trinity Creator 3.3.5

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this and I've managed to create a rudimentari quest and some items in Trinity, but if I want to edit them after testing I cannot seem to find a way to do it.
    I don't know any programming and I've ma,aged to get this far by folowing guids and yt vids but none of em list how to load + edit your stuff.

Thanks in advance!

How to edit existing quests and items with Trinity Creator 3.3.5
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Devlink89 View Post
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to this and I've managed to create a rudimentari quest and some items in Trinity, but if I want to edit them after testing I cannot seem to find a way to do it.
    I don't know any programming and I've ma,aged to get this far by folowing guids and yt vids but none of em list how to load + edit your stuff.

Thanks in advance!
    So I am not familiar with Trinity Creator but it is fairly simple to be able to edit data stored in MySQL, and that is what this program is manipulating. There are a few different free programs that allow you to do this: Navicat, HediSQL, SQLyog (Community Edition)... I like SQLyog personally.

When you open the program it will ask you for connection details, you can get this from your TrinityCore config files. Typically host will be 'localhost', username 'root' or similar, port 3306.

Once you are in you can open up your databases and view the tables within. You can also run queries against your data, which is the most effecient way to select the data you want to edit. SQL queries may seem overwhelming initially but are very powerful and don't take too long to learn.

In this screenshot you can see I have opened my world database, and filtered it by all tables with the text 'quest' in it.

quest_template is the main data table but there are many tables that provide quest data.

These tables are documented on the TrinityCore wiki:
    - quest_template - TrinityCore - Confluence
    - World - TrinityCore - Confluence

Let me know if you have any further questions or are not sure about anything.

Devlink89's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Sorry but I really don't understand what you said I'm just starting with my own server and I need a basic tool to add stuff in it, like trinity does. What you're saying goes way way over my head.

Gameshark's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for a version of Truice, it will work for editing quests but if you’re on windows 8 or above you have to close it down and reopen after editing and saving. Or your next edit will not actually alter the database when you execute your script.