2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Maps

Quick question guys as I've tried so many things to get my custom maps to load but every time I port to the map, it just crashes the server. I've tried pre-built maps with the same issue such as the Lonforte from MC. Anyone have any suggestions and or could point me in the right direction? The errors in my server are as follows

Could not load VMAP name:Shared Capital City, id:725, x:26, y:25 (vmap rep.: x:26, y:25)
    Could not load MMAP name:Shared Capital City, id:725, x:26, y:25 (mmap rep.: x:26, y:25)

Also I have ran the map extractor and all the other tools on my new map file so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Custom Maps
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The errors suggest map, vmap, and mmap data is not available. Just running the extractors is not enough, you need to read what it outputs and check that A) it is picking up your custom MPQs and B) it picks up your custom maps.

Start with just the map extractor and make sure you can see your map being output in the logging. There should not be any errors when it processes that map.

Gameshark's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was messing around with Lonforte thinking it would just work, I did customize my defines in map extractor to extract from my custom patches but you were right, it was erroring out on the last part of the map. Guessing that it’s because it’s buildings an such are in patch-O.mpq but I did put the patch in my work/data folder so not sure what’s going on there. I built my own map from scratch and extracted just fine and can now go to it in game with no crashes. Do you happen to know how to add objects in via Noggit such as trees and buildings and such?
    Last edited by Gameshark; 10-25-2021 at 08:37 PM.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gameshark View Post
    I was messing around with Lonforte thinking it would just work, I did customize my defines in map extractor to extract from my custom patches but you were right, it was erroring out on the last part of the map. Guessing that it’s because it’s buildings an such are in patch-O.mpq but I did put the patch in my work/data folder so not sure what’s going on there. I built my own map from scratch and extracted just fine and can now go to it in game with no crashes. Do you happen to know how to add objects in via Noggit such as trees and buildings and such?
    You don't need to modify the map extractor to detect your custom patches. If you name it patch-4.mpq and patch-enUS-4.mpq (depending on locale) it should be picked up fine.

If it's erroring out on the map extractor I suspect you are suffering from this bug: Fix extracting custom maps . Issue #26537 . TrinityCore/TrinityCore . GitHub

This has been fixed in the latest version of TrinityCore and is fixed in AzerothCore.

To add stuff with Noggit you just need to add the model path to the imports.txt (or similar) then it will be available to place in Noggit. I am not a Noggit expert, you can find more help here: https://discord.gg/WamE5UU

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm not getting any errors and it's outputting that it has extracted the map, but no map files for map 725 and 726 in the map folder, any ideas? I have tried with the most recent build but no maps being output.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually you can ignore this as I was using it on a map from model changing and it wouldn’t work I have corrected issue by using one I made from scratch, thanks.