0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help setting up my own repack

I am trying to setup a priv server to play WoW.
    I have found numerous repacks however none of the repacks I have found have all of the mods that i wanted to use.
    I want a single player option with dungeons/raids enabled. (solocraft and VAS)
    I also wanted to have a transmog vendor, beastmaster, racial changes, Ike3's AIbots, trickerers NPCBots, guildhouses, and AHbots.
    None of the repacks/sources I can find have ALL of those in them and I am not sure how to get them all in a single source or repack.
    I have tried using some of LordPsyans patches however the patches error out on me every time.

I would really appreciate it if I could find someone who can help me.
    I have skype and discord in order to communicate with anyone that might be able to help me.

Also in regards to making the server available for others to join me .... Can I put multiple entries into the auth database for IP settings?
    IE: can i make an entry for 127.0.0.1, another for my internal network IP and then a third one using my external IP for others to connect from outside my network?
    Last edited by KinkyVamp; 10-21-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Help setting up my own repack
    Gameshark's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to making the server available so others can join you, you would simply add your IP in the Auth database under the Realmlist table and edit the address to whichever IP address you prefer. Also currently I am working on adding custom patches but I'm still having some issues but when I do have it figured out I can lend you hand if you don't beat me to it!

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KinkyVamp View Post
    IE: can i make an entry for 127.0.0.1, another for my internal network IP and then a third one using my external IP for others to connect from outside my network?
    Yes. I've not tried to run a server like this for a while, but back in the day you would always create 3 realms pointing to the same worldserver: localhost (127.0.0.1), local network IP (internal IP), and external IP.

As for trying to get all those features on one repack - I'm not sure you can. A repack is a precompiled binary, the source code cannot be changed without recompiling. To add each of those features you will need to add the patch to the emulator and then compile it. The patches quickly become out of date as changes are made to the emulator source code so you need to have the knowledge to fix any errors or conflicts, as well as find each of those features in the first place.

KinkyVamp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Yes. I've not tried to run a server like this for a while, but back in the day you would always create 3 realms pointing to the same worldserver: localhost (127.0.0.1), local network IP (internal IP), and external IP.
    Awesome to know thanks

Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    As for trying to get all those features on one repack - I'm not sure you can. A repack is a precompiled binary, the source code cannot be changed without recompiling. To add each of those features you will need to add the patch to the emulator and then compile it. The patches quickly become out of date as changes are made to the emulator source code so you need to have the knowledge to fix any errors or conflicts, as well as find each of those features in the first place.
    Yeah I'm starting to realise that lol

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i'm following the trinity guide to create the server.
    first problem has occured when trying to create the sql databases.
    the guide says to execute the create_sql query in my sql program.
    Did this in Heidi and it errors out on me.
    The error is a syntax error in the line at the beginning defining doctype.

Gameshark's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you build your server and setup your worldserver.conf to point to your database and run worldserver.exe it will ask you if you'd like to create auth as it doesn't exist already same for characters and then when it gets to world it will ask you to include the latest database in your main folder which if it's 3.3.5 that would be TDB_full_world_335.21101_2021_10_15.7 and if it's master TDB_full_910.21101_2021_10_15 after extracting the full database into your trinitycore main folder if you start worldserver it will automatically populate your world database and add all updates as necessary. If you add any changes via your own client prior it may not update correctly. This all assumes that you have updates set to 7 in your worldserver.conf. If you need any help going in the right direction you may contact me via discord: Shawblade#0281

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome ... thank you so much ... I will take another look at that later