1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CharStartOutfit.dbc Editing

So, when i open this file with any of the programs i use, i can never see the file in it's proper form and edit it. What program do people use to edit this? I heard you have to change the format of the file and then use another program to edit it. What program is it? It seems to be harder to access than the rest of the DBC files for some reason

CharStartOutfit.dbc Editing
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Peter2972 View Post
    So, when i open this file with any of the programs i use, i can never see the file in it's proper form and edit it. What program do people use to edit this? I heard you have to change the format of the file and then use another program to edit it. What program is it? It seems to be harder to access than the rest of the DBC files for some reason
    I use my spell editor: GitHub - stoneharry/WoW-Spell-Editor: A Spell Editor for WoW versions WOTLK 3.3.5, TBC 2.4.3, or Vanilla 1.12.1.

You can put this file in the Bindings directory, then it will know how to import and export that DBC: WoW-Spell-Editor/CharStartOutfit.txt at master . stoneharry/WoW-Spell-Editor . GitHub

Using this program I convert all the DBCs to MySQL and edit them there. When you are ready to test the changes, you can export the MySQL data back into new DBC files.

Peter2972's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have your program which is fantastic btw, however how do i import that? I clicked "import", selected the Charstartoutfit in the DBC directory. I already have the binding by default. And nothing happened, i still see spells (also thank you for the quick reply)

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Peter2972 View Post
    I do have your program which is fantastic btw, however how do i import that? I clicked "import", selected the Charstartoutfit in the DBC directory. I already have the binding by default. And nothing happened, i still see spells (also thank you for the quick reply)
    It will not show in the spell editor, but you can edit it using any MySQL GUI. For example: SQLyog Community Edition, Navicat, or HediSQL.