0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down-porting Shadowlands to Wraith of the Lich King Client/Server Data

To further explain the title, I am trying to figure out the possibility of independently shuffle data from multiple expansions into one master server.
    I understand that Shadowlands has prequel-data, yet it has been changed due to the lore. Meaning that the layout of the Terrain has shifted in a new way to the Era from the story at current progression.
    I was thinking of gathering each client and find a CORE to create Extractors from each expansion. Pretty much WotLk has almost everything from Vanilla, and TBC.
    ~ understand that the there are different formats for data encoding. MPQs are not in Shadowlands ~

I was thinking of a writing a program that listens to certain scripted variables based on ready made content such as "Chromie" to be used as the Transition Trigger to copy/update a ModelDisplayID of Character inside a developed repack. Yet I want to have some sort of a Docker that maintains the loading of one client expansion to another, Meaning that when you speak with Chromie, than you chose to Time Travel to the Expansion. Character Migration will be applied.

I have seen Mods that provide Patches to WotLK with High-Definition Textures. There are Model Extractors (Exporters) that can be taken to from one Expansion and Import into another.
    ~ I want the expansions to be separate to hold the integrity of the specific part of the server ~
    The Server will hold every expansion and the REALM will be the portal to the specific Expansion.
    When you Load a Expansion from the Realm List you see a Custom Loading Screen that is progression of changing client inside the Docker. ( it will update current values) even so AUTH_DATABASE is pretty much the same in every Core.

Does anybody understand what I'm going for?
    Is it possible?
    Is it worth it?
    Is a good idea?

Down-porting Shadowlands to Wraith of the Lich King Client/Server Data
    Gameshark's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a great idea and could be done using phases, I’m actually working on this myself.