[3.3.5a][Eluna][TrinityCore]How to edit player phasemask on accepting a quest menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Togggy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[3.3.5a][Eluna][TrinityCore]How to edit player phasemask on accepting a quest

Hello, I'm working on a quest, and i am trying to learn how to edit the players phasemask. I have been looking through the dbc for the last week and cant seem to find anything.
    If someone could point me to the right direction on what files to edit and how its done that would be much appreciated.

[3.3.5a][Eluna][TrinityCore]How to edit player phasemask on accepting a quest
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are multiple ways to achieve this, but I see you are using Eluna from the tags on your title. You can achieve this with a very simple Lua script:

Code:
    local NPC_QUEST_GIVER = 10581 -- npc ID that gives the quest

local function QuestGiverEvents(event, plr, pUnit, quest, _)
        plr:SetPhaseMask(2) -- Change the players phase to 2 on quest accept
    end

RegisterCreatureEvent(NPC_QUEST_GIVER, 31, QuestGiverEvents)

-- CREATURE_EVENT_ON_QUEST_ACCEPT                    = 31  -- // (event, player, creature, quest) - Can return true
    Blizzlike generally a spell will be cast that changes the players phase, often the aura is invisible client side.

3. Thanks Togggy (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    Togggy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and to change it back after the quest is complete?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Togggy View Post
    and to change it back after the quest is complete?
    Code:
    CREATURE_EVENT_ON_QUEST_REWARD                    = 34  -- // (event, player, creature, quest, opt) - Can return true
    So something like:

Code:

--if quest:GetId() == 1 then -- can change to your quest ID
            if event == 31 then
            elseif event == 34 then
                plr:SetPhaseMask(1)
            end
        --end
    end

RegisterCreatureEvent(NPC_QUEST_GIVER, 34, QuestGiverEvents)

-- CREATURE_EVENT_ON_QUEST_ACCEPT                    = 31  -- // (event, player, creature, quest) - Can return true
    -- CREATURE_EVENT_ON_QUEST_REWARD                    = 34  -- // (event, player, creature, quest, opt) - Can return true
    But then bear in mind the quest can be abandoned too, so you also need to handle that:
    Code:
    local QUEST_ID = 10851 -- your quest ID

if quest:GetId() == QUEST_ID then
            if event == 31 then
            elseif event == 34 then
            end
        end
    end

-- CREATURE_EVENT_ON_QUEST_REWARD                    = 34  -- // (event, player, creature, quest, opt) - Can return true

local function PLAYER_EVENT_ON_QUEST_ABANDON(event, plr, questId)
        if questId == QUEST_ID then
        end
    end

RegisterPlayerEvent(38, PLAYER_EVENT_ON_QUEST_ABANDON)

Togggy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Code:
    CREATURE_EVENT_ON_QUEST_REWARD                    = 34  -- // (event, player, creature, quest, opt) - Can return true
    So something like:

Code:

--if quest:GetId() == 1 then -- can change to your quest ID
            if event == 31 then
            elseif event == 34 then
            end
        --end
    end

But then bear in mind the quest can be abandoned too, so you also need to handle that:
    Code:
    local QUEST_ID = 10851 -- your quest ID

if event == 31 then
            elseif event == 34 then
            end
        end
    end

local function PLAYER_EVENT_ON_QUEST_ABANDON(event, plr, questId)
        if questId == QUEST_ID then
        end
    end

RegisterPlayerEvent(38, PLAYER_EVENT_ON_QUEST_ABANDON)
    thanks so much!

Togggy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to bug you lol but how would i incorporate this code to spawn a creature on quest accept inside of the script WorldObject:SpawnCreature( 43284, -13214.386, 262.45575, 21.857578, 1.983495 )

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Togggy View Post
    sorry to bug you lol but how would i incorporate this code to spawn a creature on quest accept inside of the script WorldObject:SpawnCreature( 43284, -13214.386, 262.45575, 21.857578, 1.983495 )
    WorldObject is a superclass of Unit, which in turn is a superclass of Player and Creature. So you can call the SpawnCreature method on any WorldObject: WorldObject:SpawnCreature - Eluna

So your quest accept function may look something like:
    Code:
            if event == 31 then
                local npc = pUnit:SpawnCreature(43284, -13214.386, 262.45575, 21.857578, 1.983495)
                if npc then
                    npc:SetPhaseMask(2) -- assuming you want to set the spawned npcs phase to 2
                end
            elseif event == 34 then
            end
        end
    end

DewmGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @stoneharry you seem like you know a ton about Eluna. I'm just getting into it. I was interested in playing around with phasing and adding some depth to some old quests. I found this thread and your advice looked awesome but from what I can tell these functions don't exist anymore or something. player:SetPhaseMask(x) just breaks, and it's not contained in the Eluna API documentation. Is there a reason for this?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DewmGuy View Post
    @stoneharry you seem like you know a ton about Eluna. I'm just getting into it. I was interested in playing around with phasing and adding some depth to some old quests. I found this thread and your advice looked awesome but from what I can tell these functions don't exist anymore or something. player:SetPhaseMask(x) just breaks, and it's not contained in the Eluna API documentation. Is there a reason for this?
    WorldObject:SetPhaseMask - Eluna

DewmGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I know. You misunderstand me. I’ve read and reference the API documentation regularly.

I tried implementing this in a similar script, based on the code you provided to the other user and it failed at that line every time (player:SetPhaseMask(x))

I’ve had this issue a lot with other commands as well, like player:GetName() just crashes whatever script I put it in like if I’m trying to assign it to a variable. But then I see it in scripts like yours and others that are much more generally experienced with lua and it seemingly works great in their scripts which as far as I can tell is used in functionally identical ways.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I know. You misunderstand me. I’ve read and reference the API documentation regularly.

I tried implementing this in a similar script, based on the code you provided to the other user and it failed at that line every time (player:SetPhaseMask(x))

I’ve had this issue a lot with other commands as well, like player:GetName() just crashes whatever script I put it in like if I’m trying to assign it to a variable. But then I see it in scripts like yours and others that are much more generally experienced with lua and it seemingly works great in their scripts which as far as I can tell is used in functionally identical ways.
    You said it's not in the Eluna documentation so I linked to it being in the documentation.

Hard to know what advise to give when all you say is it 'breaks'. Need more information.

Calling Lua methods shouldn't be crashing the server, have you looked at the crash dump?

DewmGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said it's not in the Eluna documentation so I linked to it being in the documentation.

Hard to know what advise to give when all you say is it 'breaks'. Need more information.

Calling Lua methods shouldn't be crashing the server, have you looked at the crash dump?
    It’s hard to know how it’s breaking when all I get for output is %s when the script stops on a line with an error. Btw I didn’t say it’s crashing the server. All I can do is reference peoples scripts to see that they’re doing something and most of the time when I’m trying to implement that function in a similar way I’m doing it wrong and there isn’t enough information in the API reference guide for me to know that worldobject:SetPhaseMask is the same thing as player:SetPhaseMask. So when I say that I am not seeing it in the API doc that’s the distinction I’m making. Did I mention that I’m new at this? Yeah.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s hard to know how it’s breaking when all I get for output is %s when the script stops on a line with an error. Btw I didn’t say it’s crashing the server. All I can do is reference peoples scripts to see that they’re doing something and most of the time when I’m trying to implement that function in a similar way I’m doing it wrong and there isn’t enough information in the API reference guide for me to know that worldobject:SetPhaseMask is the same thing as player:SetPhaseMask. So when I say that I am not seeing it in the API doc that’s the distinction I’m making. Did I mention that I’m new at this? Yeah.
    If you give a lot more information I may be able to help.

The emulator is implemented in a OOP (Object Orientated Programming) manner where inheritence takes place.

Player and Creature both extend Unit.

Unit extends WorldObject.

When you extend something, you inherit all its functionality.

DewmGuy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, let me tell you where I wanted to end up initially. I was experimenting with phasing, applying phasing to a couple of NPCs based on a couple of quest criteria, and using the examples you had already written for OP. So that's all of the information I can give you about the script I was using because it was essentially copy and paste, with just a couple of modifications for the NPCs and quests that OP was using in his request. Each time, the script was getting hung up on the line `player:SetPhaseMask(2)` after having changed the `phasemask` property of the NPCs in question to `2`.

Two specific examples I had in mind:
    - Phase out NPC Mor'Ladim (522) when the player has completed quest A Daughter's Love (231).
    - Phase out NPC The Defias Traitor (467) until the player accepts quest The Defias Brotherhood (142) and phase out NPC The Defias Traitor (467) when the player has completed quest The Defias Brotherhood (155)

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, let me tell you where I wanted to end up initially. I was experimenting with phasing, applying phasing to a couple of NPCs based on a couple of quest criteria, and using the examples you had already written for OP. So that's all of the information I can give you about the script I was using because it was essentially copy and paste, with just a couple of modifications for the NPCs and quests that OP was using in his request. Each time, the script was getting hung up on the line `player:SetPhaseMask(2)` after having changed the `phasemask` property of the NPCs in question to `2`.

Two specific examples I had in mind:
    - Phase out NPC Mor'Ladim (522) when the player has completed quest A Daughter's Love (231).
    - Phase out NPC The Defias Traitor (467) until the player accepts quest The Defias Brotherhood (142) and phase out NPC The Defias Traitor (467) when the player has completed quest The Defias Brotherhood (155)
    Do you want to share your full script and the output of Eluna please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast