Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to let friend's join my private server.

Hey all,
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I am pretty new to this. I am using the Elysium Core 1.12 Repack by Brotalnia, but after 2 days of effort, I cannot get my friends to join my server at all. I have made sure:

-They installed the same client
    -They edited the realmlist.wtf
    -They pinged and tracert'd my IP

I, myself, have made sure to:
    -Open ports 3724 and 8085 on my firewall. (Inbound and Outbound)
    -Port forwarded them both (3724 / 8085) on TCP/UDP to my destination IP. (192.168.x.x) Made sure to check they were open through programs
    -Made three entries for the realmlist DB through HeidiSQL (External IP, Internal IP/192.168.x.x and 127.0.0.1) as I couldn't join my server through my external IP and without a second entry.

I am all out of ideas on what to do. I have contacted brotalnia through discord who helped me best as he could, but could not find a resolution. Any help?
    Thanks

How to let friend's join my private server.
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What error message do you get when connecting from an external IP address? That tells you how far it is getting.

If it is 'unable to connect' then the port is not open and/or not in use for some reason. Confirm you can connect from another computer on the same network. If you can then your firewall is fine and your router needs opening.

3. Thanks DoNotHurtHer (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    DoNotHurtHer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall confirm if I can log on a different computer when I get back home. Otherwise, this is the error I get when using the external IP in my realmlist.wtf: wow - Album on Imgur

DoNotHurtHer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revising since I got back home; my friend and I are both able to login and it shows up on the login server. However, we get stuck on a long Success! screen which is followed by an infinite loop of "Logging in to game server." and showing the realm list.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DoNotHurtHer View Post
    Revising since I got back home; my friend and I are both able to login and it shows up on the login server. However, we get stuck on a long Success! screen which is followed by an infinite loop of "Logging in to game server." and showing the realm list.
    It's stuck trying to transfer you from the authserver to the worldserver I think.

Check the worldserver / authserver output for any information about why the connection fails. Check 8085 is the port the worldserver is running on and that the port is open on the firewall & router. Also confirm the external IP address is correct on the database entry.