2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spell Editing

Can anyone help me with this, i am basically just trying to edit a few spells for Brotalnia's 1.12 repack. I have edited the spell.dbc using mydbc editor and then pasted this new spell.dbc serverside in the following directory: MaNGOS>data>5875>dbc
    The above directory has five folders which I assume are for the patch progression system Brotalnia has implemented, I wonder if this is the reason? Through process of elimination I assumed 5875 is for patch 1.12 and therefore the main patch the repack is using as I have not changed this.

I have then also pasted the new spell.dbc client side: data>patch-3.MPQ>DBFilesclient

I have used the method detailed above but the changes have not taken effect in game. Is there something else different I need to do as it is MaNGOS? All I have edited is the rage cost of certain warrior abilities, so surely it is only the spell.dbc I need to edit?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

**Update**

Ok update on this for anyone else who comes across this as there seems to be no information on this. Mangos doesn't use the spell.dbc server side so the Spell.dbc only needs to be edited client-side; the server does not use this file. The Spell_template table inside the database needs to also be edited in order to make the change on the server side (using an SQL editor like HeidiSQL).
    Last edited by veng455; 09-07-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Found Fix

Spell Editing
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try making a custom spell by copying an existing row to a new ID. Update both this client and server side then restart your server.

If you able to learn the spell through a custom command then the server knows about it and is trying to push it, but the client doesn't know it. If the server says unrecognised spell id then it doesn't know it.

Knowing whether the server or the client is unable to find the changes will help diagnose what is wrong.

veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh I tried that, its not recognising the spell; so the issue is server side.

LeiWang's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by veng455 View Post
    Can anyone help me with this, i am basically just trying to edit a few spells for Brotalnia's 1.12 repack. I have edited the spell.dbc using mydbc editor and then pasted this new spell.dbc serverside in the following directory: MaNGOS>data>5875>dbc
    The above directory has five folders which I assume are for the patch progression system Brotalnia has implemented, I wonder if this is the reason? Through process of elimination I assumed 5875 is for patch 1.12 and therefore the main patch the repack is using as I have not changed this.

I have then also pasted the new spell.dbc client side: data>patch-3.MPQ>DBFilesclient

I have used the method detailed above but the changes have not taken effect in game. Is there something else different I need to do as it is MaNGOS? All I have edited is the rage cost of certain warrior abilities, so surely it is only the spell.dbc I need to edit?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

**Update**

Ok update on this for anyone else who comes across this as there seems to be no information on this. Mangos doesn't use the spell.dbc server side so the Spell.dbc only needs to be edited client-side; the server does not use this file. The Spell_template table inside the database needs to also be edited in order to make the change on the server side (using an SQL editor like HeidiSQL).

I stucked by the same thing, did you fixed it?
    and i didn't find the table "Spell_template" in the database of serverside.

aaam4431's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try copying an old row to a new ID and creating a bespoke spell. Restart your server after making updates to both the client and server sides.

The server is attempting to push the spell if it can be learned using a custom command, but the client is unaware of it. The server doesn't know if it reports an unrecognized spell ID.

It will be easier to diagnose the issue if it is known whether the modifications are not being found by the server or the client without knowing how to use presets.
    Last edited by aaam4431; 03-01-2024 at 11:58 PM.