0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to add a target dummy to a 1.12 repack

I grabbed a repack for a quick server, and it is based around.

MaNGOS Zero Core v(z1809) + ScriptDevZero v(z0495)
    (I'm not fully sure of the build linking rules here, but it's name is " [Final Release][Smart Ass Child][PreTBC][TBC][WOTLK] "

It seems to function by building it's own SQL instance at initialization, and I am unable to connect into it via MySQL (Looking into).

So I am wondering what GM Commands would you use to create a target dummy?

So far I have created an entity that "is" a target dummy, and I have made it level 58/63 respectively, and I applied aura 1908 so it always heals to full _but_ I can not root it. It will continuously chase me, and spin, and I think attack (His str is too low for me to find out).

How would you go about adding a target dummy in this scenario? Should I just find another repack that actually allows me to edit the DB?

How to add a target dummy to a 1.12 repack
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be using a MySQL database still. You need to modify the creature_template table in the world database. Look at the config files and see what MySQL connection details it is using.

I would always recommend compiling yourself, it's not that hard and well documented these days. If you get stuck we can help.

Trynatankhere's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I actually ended up doing that; I ripped the pre-made mall characters of it's zp_DB files and put it into mine.

I am still struggling on how to get a working target dummy, though. I tried making an enemy with no movement, tons of HP, level 58, and once summoned applied a buff to make him constantly heal to full, however, while it doesn't "move" it does still teleport after the player, spin, and swing back (Albeit for 0 due to it's stat weight).

I assume I am going to need to find someone's C++ Script to power a true dummy, but I am unsure how to include it into the game, I guess, once I do.