Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Mangos][1.12.1] Help adding a new mount

Hi!
    I have some issue with adding a new mount to my server, and I hope some of you may know the answer to my problem!

So, I was planning to add the Venomhide raptor mount to the game as a little practice, with reputation and quests similar to the Winterspring Frostsaber's.
    The reputation/npcs/quests were easy, but I had one issue with the mount. The item itself shows properly, but if I click on it, it gets casted but the casting stops at the end of the casting bar and the mount never gets summoned.
    The casting bar text shows the proper spell name aswell.

What I have done so far:
    - Added the mount creature to the creature_template table.
    - Added the item to the item_templates table.
    - Added the spell to the spell_templates table.
    - Added the spell to the Spells.dbc.
    I did those, by copying an existing mount, editing a few basic fields, and linking the IDs properly (hopefully, but checked it and seemed right).
    And I'm using the Elysium Core V4.

So, what did I miss / where did it go wrong?
    If anybody knows, I would be really grateful!

[Mangos][1.12.1] Help adding a new mount
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you try using a mount command on the displayid? CreatureModelData & CreatureDisplayInfo DBC files, pretty simple to add. Check what the spell.dbc entry references if you don't know the model.

If that is not displaying correctly then the model does not exist or is not compatible.

If it does exist then it's an issue with the spell.dbc entry or item_template entry most likely.

Ayos's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for you answer!
    I'm not sure what you mean by mount command, but I'm able to ".npc add" the mount, and it displays perfectly.
    Also, the mount already existed in the game files, just wasn't used before, but I was able to find it in CreatureDisplayInfo with ID 14340 and CreatureModelData with ID 1916.

I used the ID 50000 in most tables, just because it wasn't used anywhere, and I thought that this way I won't screw up which column points to which entry.

So in the Spell.dbc there is the entry with ID 50000, and the column 107 points to 50000 aswell.
    The creature_template entry is 50000 and display_id1 is 14340. And I'm able to ".npc add" this creature with the entry.
    The item_template entry is 50000 and spellid_1 is 50000. And the item looks fine ingame. The casting bar name is good too.
    The spell_template entry is 50000 and effectMiscValue1 is 50000. If I change the effectMiscValue1 to a different spell entry value, it casts that spell perfectly.
    The modified Spell.dbc is both in my server and in my client as a custom patch.

Also looks like ".modify mount 1" adds the same mount model under my character, but this could be a coincidence. The mount ids for this command are between 1 and 69, and I have no idea where this ID comes from. The commands .lookup spell/item/creature finds the proper entries.

What did I miss? Any further help would be really appreciated!