Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Temporarily Disable Character Achievements: Trinity 3.3.5

Dear Owned Core community,

Does anyone know if there is a way of disabling/temporarily disabling character achievements? I have tried looking in the world server.conf but to no avail.

I am just using this repack for single player use and still want to be able to kill creatures and level up, like normal; but simply do not want achievements to trigger for my character until I am at a certain point/level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Temporarily Disable Character Achievements: Trinity 3.3.5
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. This isn't going to be easy. No such config option exists. You will have to program that logic in. The hard part is going to be keeping track of achievements earned without rewarding the player, to then later reward the player when they hit the required level. The code you are going to need to modify exists here: TrinityCore/AchievementMgr.cpp at master . TrinityCore/TrinityCore . GitHub

veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Hmmm. This isn't going to be easy. No such config option exists. You will have to program that logic in. The hard part is going to be keeping track of achievements earned without rewarding the player, to then later reward the player when they hit the required level. The code you are going to need to modify exists here: TrinityCore/AchievementMgr.cpp at master . TrinityCore/TrinityCore . GitHub
    Hmm ok thanks, how about just disabling achievements; will this be simple enough? I could then just manually award the achievements later.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by veng455 View Post
    Hmm ok thanks, how about just disabling achievements; will this be simple enough? I could then just manually award the achievements later.
    You could try disabling functions like this: TrinityCore/AchievementMgr.cpp at master . TrinityCore/TrinityCore . GitHub

Either add a hardcoded return, switch a return with a static boolean, or add a config option for these functions.

veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    You could try disabling functions like this: TrinityCore/AchievementMgr.cpp at master . TrinityCore/TrinityCore . GitHub

Either add a hardcoded return, switch a return with a static boolean, or add a config option for these functions.
    Cheers for the help mate, is this the core script I wold be editing and do I need an additional program to open and edit it? I have no programming experience so am I going to be way out of my depth?

Thanks