Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any WoW 1.0 servers or a tutorial to make one?

Hi Guys. I'm sorry if there is already a thread or tutorial or anything else about this, but I couldn't find anything on it. I want to revisit the 1.0 version of WoW and can't seem to find a way to do it. I've got my original November 2004 four disc release of the game. Not sure if I can use that to make a server. Actually, I don't even need a server. Is there any way to totally bypass the login process and just treat it like a single player thing?

Are there any WoW 1.0 servers or a tutorial to make one?
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mangos supports patch 1.12.1: Home - getMaNGOS | The home of MaNGOS

There are repacks around for this.

I don't think there are any earlier versions emulated. You might be able to find a sandbox if you dig deep enough.

There's noway to bypass the login, the WoW client requires a server to connect to, whether that's a sandbox that lets you get in-game and nothing else, or a emulator that tries to emulate more functionality.

3. Thanks Barthelo (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stoneharry said, there weren't any known emulation of classic wow before 1.12.1. You can use a sandbox to check out the alpha of WoW, but wont be able to "play" the game. Its mostly for seeing how models, areas, etc have changed since then.
    Here is a guide that will help you install the alpha and the sandbox.

Credit goes to those who made the sandbox and stuff.
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

5. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to Teryaki for this useful post)
    brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, one of the Blizzard developers said in an interview that the retail build they put on the cd was not even functional, the only thing that worked was the patcher. They were running out of time to manufacture and distribute the disks, so they released a version that wasn't ready. There was a day 1 patch on launch, which means 1.0.0 was never actually playable.

The oldest non-sandbox servers you can find are WowEmu repacks from 2005, but the quality would be far lower than what you would be used to on private servers nowadays. The oldest client version that any modern emulator supports currently is 1.9.4 on vmangos but the plan is to eventually add support for every major patch starting from 1.2.4.

7. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to brotalnia for this useful post)
    Method's Avatar Contributor Modding Enthusiast CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brotalnia View Post
    If I remember correctly, one of the Blizzard developers said in an interview that the retail build they put on the cd was not even functional, the only thing that worked was the patcher. They were running out of time to manufacture and distribute the disks, so they released a version that wasn't ready. There was a day 1 patch on launch, which means 1.0.0 was never actually playable.

The oldest non-sandbox servers you can find are WowEmu repacks from 2005, but the quality would be far lower than what you would be used to on private servers nowadays. The oldest client version that any modern emulator supports currently is 1.9.4 on vmangos but the plan is to eventually add support for every major patch starting from 1.2.4.
    I can confirm that this is accurate information, the 1.0.0 version of the game as released on disc (and shipped to millions of players worldwide) wasn't even a functional game. Obviously, you could still install 1.0.0 and probably grab a patch 1.0.1 or something, but nobody has made this/uploaded this/cares.

If you're looking for "1.0.1" I guess? (minus the gamebreaking launch bug) then it hasn't yet been emulated.

"Why not?"

Usually, devs stick with one stable patch per expansion when trying to recreate (yes, recreate, from nothing) an accurate server representation of the gameplay experience from that expansion/patch. Spreading developers thin across multiple patches means instability, bugs, dead projects and low population.

It is very challenging and time intensive to represent ONE version of the game accurately as it was initially intended, nevermind several patches per expansion. In addition to this, usually the most stable, longest-life, accessible and least game-breaking version is chosen per expansion, and this would be 1.12.2 for vanilla, 2.4.3 for BC and 3.3.5 for TLK. Most developers stick to these versions for compatibility of tools among other things.

"Alpha clients got servers, why not 1.0?"

The alpha and beta clients are sandbox servers and don't even have NPC's, quests among other things. At most these allow for running around, inventory and GUI experience, but no npc's, gameplay or combat. Nice to get client-files from here though, i guess.

"Why wasn't 1.0 chosen as the vanilla patch, over 1.12.2?"

A lot of balancing when creating a patch in a non-sandbox format involves accurate recollections and recounts of how mechanics actually worked back then. Including things like old 240p videos with timings of how boss mechanics worked. Some things in 1.12.2 like Onyxia breath will potentially never be accurate in emulation because of this. Very little people, if none at all, were making videos during 1.0.1, or guides during 1.0.1. you couldn't possibly accurately recreate the experience.

Most 1.12.2 cores are actually progressive ones and start at something incredibly similar to what patch 1.0 was as they progress to Naxx. They have built in patch selection. For these reasons combined, most of us just stick to 1.12.2 emulation.

The 1.12.2 client also does have an easy, 5 minute setup Singleplayer project, available here (credits to developer):
    https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...t-vanilla.html (Single Player Project - Vanilla)

In addition, you can check out the older alpha and beta versions of WoW which, as other posters have explained are in "sandbox mode" meaning these versions may not have NPC's, gameplay, completed zones. They do however had things like GUI's, the old player animation system etc.

I believe the most commonly checked out are 0.5, 0.7 and 0.8, here's some videos with tutorials:

0.5: The 0.5 Alpha World of Warcraft Client - YouTube
    0.7: The 0.7 Beta World of Warcraft Client - YouTube
    0.8: The 0.8 World of Warcraft Beta Client - YouTube
    Last edited by Method; 02-08-2019 at 01:19 PM.

9. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to Method for this useful post)
    ostahase123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emulators:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Ak...w?usp=drivesdk

Wow Clients 0.5.3 - 1.11
    WoW Installeurs - WoWDL

Here you got this Emulators for versions:
    1 5

Have fun
    360mb
    Last edited by ostahase123; 07-27-2021 at 09:22 PM.