2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heidi SQL for Mangos, help please!

I can't find any guides online about actually editing pre-existing items or spells, I don't know if this is because this is old news.

I dont suppose anyone here could help me with using heidi sql for mangos vanilla repack. Solely for the purpose of a local server, I do not need to patch it.

For example I would like to be able to edit certain spell so they do not cost rage, edit their CD time, and not require a certain stance. And to also edit certain weapon damage/stat weights.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be a massive help.
    Last edited by veng455; 06-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Heidi SQL for Mangos, help please!

veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick reply thank you! But in the heidisql I cannot find any spell.dbc only item_template?

veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh can this not be done with repacks?

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/300
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Spell data is not in the database, so you can't use HeidiSQL to change them. You have to edit the dbc files, they should be in the server folder. Look for Spell.dbc.

Here is the structure of this dbc file for different patches - DB/Spell - wowdev

You have to use a dbc editor program to edit them. I like MyDbcEditor.

When you change items stats in the database, make sure you delete the WDB or Cache folders in your game folder. You won't be able to see the changes unless you delete them, because item stats are cached to avoid having to query the server every time.

6. Thanks veng455 (1 members gave Thanks to brotalnia for this useful post)
    veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The db structure you have linked does not seem to match up for example it says that the mana/rage cost is column 36 but this is a zero column; following the 'old' version'.

So I tried editing what I have thought to be the correct column, for example I would like to make Whilwind cost no range. So I have edited column 33 which had a value of 250(25 rage?) it in and changed it to 0. I then saved and closed the program but the spells have not changed in game.

I did this by editing the spell.dbc file located in MaNGOS>data>dbc>spell.dbc and editing the spell.dbc file directly using mydbceditor.

Is there something I am missing? Do i need to patch the game, surely not if this is just for local use?
    Last edited by veng455; 06-13-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: a

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/300
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you change it only in the server dbcs, it will change how it works server side, but the tooltip on the client will be wrong. But i think the client won't let you cast it because the spell is greyed out if you don't have enough mana/rage/energy, and it doesn't send any packet to the server when you click it. Also make sure the dbc structure is for your patch, it's different in every version.

ZalupenFurer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.

In order not to create a new topic, I will ask here.

I edited the spell.dbs in the MyDBCEditor, save it, replaced the file in MaNGOS\data\dbc with the modified one, created the patch-9.MPQ with Ladik's MPQ Editor, removed WDB from the client, started the server, the game, and i see modified value is reflected in the tooltip, but everything remains the same: the damage and mana cost remained the same.

What have I done wrong?

veng455's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ZalupenFurer View Post
    Hello.

In order not to create a new topic, I will ask here.

I edited the spell.dbs in the MyDBCEditor, save it, replaced the file in MaNGOS\data\dbc with the modified one, created the patch-9.MPQ with Ladik's MPQ Editor, removed WDB from the client, started the server, the game, and i see modified value is reflected in the tooltip, but everything remains the same: the damage and mana cost remained the same.

What have I done wrong?
    For 1.12 emulator, server side does not use the spell.dbc. So most of these steps you did not need to do.

You only need to do the following:
    - Put the custom patch you created 'patch-9.MPQ' in your client 'data' folder. This makes the spell changes you have made client side.
    - Using a sql program, you need to edit the damage and mana/spell cost in the spell_template. This makes the changes server side.
    - Now both the client and server changes match for the spell you have edited.

You do not need to put the spell.dbc in the mangos dbc folders. You also do not need to remove the WDB from the client.