[Help] Script Problem. Rooted dummies and Looking for a lua testing program menu

User Tag List

BanzBoyz77's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Help] Script Problem. Rooted dummies and Looking for a lua testing program

Hey guys,

I recently started creating new starting areas and need training dummies that do the exact same thing as if you change a npc's value to Dummy in the db on Arcemu, but are killable. The script was intended to make it so the npc can't target the player, can't move or attack, but can die. I have googled it for those with that smart remark and there several people that have wanted this, non of them have ever gotten an answer than worked. As far as I know scripting ( Not much since I never bothered to waste my life on a fake computer language.) is that the values in this script should work, though they don't.

The script is:
    function trainingDummy_Root(pUnit, event)
    Unit:Root()
    Unit:SetCombatCapable(0)
    end

function trainingDummy_OnLeaveCombat(Unit, Event)
    Unit:RemoveEvents()
    end

function trainingDummy_OnKilledTarget(Unit, Event)
    end

function trainingDummy_OnDied(Unit, Event)
    Unit:RemoveEvents()
    end

RegisterUnitEvent(1921, 1, "trainingDummy_Root")
    RegisterUnitEvent(1921, 2, "trainingDummy_OnLeaveCombat")
    RegisterUnitEvent(1921, 3, "trainingDummy_OnKilledTarget")
    RegisterUnitEvent(1921, 4, "trainingDummy_OnDied")

Note: I really don't like people giving me lessons on lua, I ain't going to waste my time on it, so if there's not a working script, no rep. Just saying in the past all i have been getting from people is tips on how to fix the script, just rewrite it and let me move on with my life, I could give a big rat's ass about lua scripting. Just give me the script, you get rep, everyone is happy.

My other question is, is there an exisiting program that tests if a lua has a problem in it and (optional) fixes it if it does. Only needs to check as apparently my server got corrupted by starting up errored files and it caused this massive problem so I don't want to see anymore if a script is good or not in World.exe. I'm running a large project and can't afford risks like that everything I think a lua is bad, and it starts up with an error it has a chance to corrupt my server files.
    Last edited by BanzBoyz77; 08-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.

[Help] Script Problem. Rooted dummies and Looking for a lua testing program
    DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BanzBoyz77 View Post
    As far as I know scripting ( Not much since I never bothered to waste my life on a fake computer language.)

Note: I really don't like people giving me lessons on lua, I ain't going to waste my time on it
    But.... Why are you using Lua if you hate it so much and don't feel like wasting your time on it? Start doing real core coding and you'll be able to do pretty much anything you need to do without anyone else having to implement it in Lua for you before you can use.

Parog's Avatar Kitsune Da-O! M.L.G. CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    540/266
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,
    Hey.

I recently started creating new starting areas and need training dummies that do the exact same thing as if you change a npc's value to Dummy in the db on Arcemu, but are killable.
    That's kind of cool, you created it yourself.

I have googled it for those with that smart remark and there several people that have wanted this, non of them have ever gotten an answer than worked.
    Google is y- Taking the words right out of my mouth. But people don't waste time creating an account on a website to post the solution they've found "Just in case someone else has the same issue". Finding the 1 website that has the information that millions of idiots wanting to be spoonfed are looking for and consequently making your youtube search that much harder is what you have to do. Aka, search harder.

As far as I know scripting ( Not much since I never bothered to waste my life on a fake computer language.) is that the values in this script should work, though they don't.
    Considering your history with this website, the way you're rude towards the people who clicked on this thread with the intention towards helping you, and the fact that you're disrespecting someone who's spent countless hours learning a computer language that is a "waste of time", I really freaking hope no one helps you.

I almost feel like renaming your thread to "Please spoonfeed me or GTFO." because that's what you came across as.

Just give me the script, you get rep, everyone is happy.

How about I just -Rep you? I'd hate to see someone as ungrateful as you get access to the contributor sections.
    Last edited by Parog; 08-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    What's a Parog?
    Looking for competitive Valorant team!

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *grabs some popcorn*

Sorry, left my spoon at home.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't eat popcorn with a spoon

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

BanzBoyz77's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering your history with this website, the way you're rude towards the people who clicked on this thread with the intention towards helping you, and the fact that you're disrespecting someone who's spent countless hours learning a computer language that is a "waste of time", I really freaking hope no one helps you.

I almost feel like renaming your thread to "Please spoonfeed me or GTFO." because that's what you came across as.
    I didn't want to get spoon fed, I know the language of Lua as well. That is why I asked people to not help me, as my brain was fried from partying and I needed that script that day. It's not like I don't know what lua scripting is, Stoneharry taught me. I fixed my own problem with this script, no thanks to anyone on this site. I never release any of my scripts, so I'm not recognized as a scripter apparently.

Considering your history with this website, the way you're rude towards the people who clicked on this thread with the intention towards helping you
    A Moderator gave me that reputation on this site when I took a download link to Catalysm water down on him and he got pissed he couldn't be spoon fed a new water for 3.3.5a. If anyone is ungrateful on this site, its the moderators. They are normal people too. Life has taught me even the best people have greed and cruelty in them, and that moderator brought out my cruelty when he publicly posted a link to my water when he was given it by Groundzero. Reported him to the admins, and all i got in return for reporting him was a infraction from the admin. This site is unmaintained, and full of selfish people who think that they have the right to post a taken down download link to the public when it was stated in the post no posting anywhere without permission.... That is why I am who I am on this site today. Before I was helpful, friendly, and asked for help when needed really badly. Don't judge me without hearing my side of the story with that Water download.
    Last edited by BanzBoyz77; 08-06-2011 at 10:43 AM.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stoneharry taught me.
    No I didn't, I don't teach people when I'm a novice at programming myself.

Closing this thread due to issue being solved and argumentative talk.