74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to make private server UNABLE TO CONNECT

Hello. Well im stuck trying to make my private server 4.06 using the Skyfire method. Im using the tutorial here by L0ST. At the end of the tutorial it gives me links to download vmaps and MAPS and DBC's etc etc etc. I have no idea what to do with those. I dont even know if I set everything up correctly. I followed the tutorial but then it went a little vague and I had to google the rest so essentially, i followed 5 different tutorials and now im just lost.

Sooooooo if anyone can help me out, im trading use of my HONORBUDDY service. It has a paid flight plugin key so everything is good.

What im looking for:;

Someone to sit down with me via Skype or MSN or Yahoo whatever, and spoonfeed me some help. Right now im getting UNABLE TO CONNECT go to this website for more help etc. I forwarded ports and changed my realmlist to 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 and also I got a 4.06 launcher (but 4.2 is still installed not sure if this is a problem) and yea im just L0ST!
    help!! im a n00b!
    Last edited by stoneharry; 08-01-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Added prefix.

Trying to make private server UNABLE TO CONNECT
    FuturiztiX's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Make sure that you have forwarded your ports correctly (TCP+UDP) and with the correct address (Can be found by: run -> cmd -> ipconfig /all -> IPv4 Address)
    2. Make sure that you don't have a firewall enabled on your PC or Router.
    3. Make sure you have registered a DNS-host for your realmlist - It can be done here: No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP
    4. Make sure to edit your "hosts" file which is located in "c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc" with Notepad (Remember to run Notepad as Administrator)
    5. Make sure to edit your configs correctly! I'm not used to SkyFire, but ArcEmu - but if you forget one simple thing in the configs the server won't work correctly.
    6. Remember to have a CORE and a DATABASE.

In most cases you have to run a bat file called "MySQL.bat" to run the database, and then you should be able to edit the database with an Editor like Navicat, HeidiSQL or SQLyog.
    Most usernames and passwords when you run "MySQL.bat" to access the database are:

Username: root
    Password: ascent

Leave Host as 127.0.0.1 or Localhost - and of course leave Port as 3306 including the Database entry.

chaoticd35's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone to help you, You need to post your Configs. in code.

Realm.config,world.config and logon.config

example:
    Code:
    The following is a example
    server:blah
    username:blah
    password:blah
    Last edited by chaoticd35; 08-01-2011 at 09:59 AM.