Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with memory addresses [1.12.1]

Hello mmowned,
    I couldn't really find a subforum, where this issue fits in, but I hope you can still help.
    I'm currently playing on one of those few Pre-TBC servers, and this one is really good, that means, there are no exploitations I could find. That is the reason why I want to try to code myself a bot, and I read some topics about how it is done for the newer WoW-versions and everything was fine so far.
    With Cheat Engine, I found out a static pointer that gives me two, for the beginning very important things, that is the own GUID and the target GUID. So far everything went very well, but when I tried to find the GUID of target as an object (the non-static thing), it went also well. Then I checked the targets health, went well also, but it did not at all look, like that object had something in common. It showed the GUID and health, but between those both addresses were like 500.000+ other addresses. That confused me.
    I know it is probably a bit hard to understand, but if someone does or can give me some topics to get started with coding an own bot, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Need help with memory addresses [1.12.1]
    The-Eradicator's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein

Lysolfs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, i meant because there is more specific a subforum for Bots/Memory Editing, and this is emulation thing, but as the bot should be same on retail as on a pserver it doesnt make much difference. But well, thx for pushing this topic tho^^

Scubast3ve's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you looking for the relationship between the two objects in memory? i haven't done memory hacks for wow before, but i can assume the guid refers to the client or player.
    In either case when elements are loaded into memory that are given the first available point that is free in memory. There is no relationship between any two objects in memory unless there is a pointer involved, from your post i gather you understand the function of a pointer.

So to get to the point addresses in memory have absolutely no relationship to any other addresses and are (for just about every case) very, very unlikely to be in the same part of memory once they have been deallocated.
    Don't Forget To Give Rep To People Who Help You.

Lysolfs's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, thanks, i know that so far. but my problem was in the part on how to actually find out, if the object that is my target is the same one as the memory address that i scanned.
    i.e. i scan the whole addressroom for the guid, i'll get like a thousand results of which each single address contains that guid, but now which is just "random memory with that value" and how do i find the one object im looking for?
    That is my problem. Maybe i was just too tired when i created this, but maybe i dont even get it ;D ill try again later, no idea if ill get it to work, but if i do or not, ill let ya know
    Thanks