0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating (or editing) a custom buff

So i got my own 3.3.5a server running and its all going great until i decide to make 3 buffs, one that multiplies your stats by 5x, 10x, and 25x (for obvious reasons).
    After a few hours of searching i found nothing, some people know how to change the spell damage, cast time and a few others but not what i want.
    So if there is anyone out there who can give me a hand with this i would really appreciate it.
    Also if there is an alternative way to do this without adding or editing a spell im all ears (with the exception of creating custom weapons with uber stats since that kinda takes the point out of finding gear ).
    Thanks in advance.

Creating (or editing) a custom buff
    Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no alternative way, however there is one spell already in the game that does similar to what you have asked for. Shirt of Uber Aura - Spell - World of Warcraft
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but the only real way to do it is through C++. There are no guides for this what-so-ever and when asking about it before nobody seems to have much knowledge about it.

However you can hook spells to overwrite it's effects and make it do your own things. You can't physically create new spells without model edits.

I guess the best way to learn how to edit spells is to look at how spells are fixed in the changelogs. Or the 'hackfixes'. Those show spells being edited to make them work properly, you could learn how to customise and hook them with that.

A ancient guide that was very brief and explains the very very basics by Gastricpenguin can be found here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ls-ascent.html

And yes it is possible. How do you think ".mod damage" works? Etc. You can edit single spell damage as well, although you might need to change it in the server-side DBC's to do that.

akimitsu7's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm.. well there are spells that give a percentage stat increase maybe i could edit them to give like 400% on all stats, that would make my char 5x stronger right?
    only problem is the spells.dbc file is a huge mess of numbers and fields of unknown meaning, i suppose blizzard made it like that intentionally to make it harder to change the game, it sure worked on me.
    and that shirt is a pretty good base for the editing but it was only implemented in the 4.0.3 patch if im not mistaken, and that means that it isnt in my db right?

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shirt buff was around for the Trials of the Grand Crusader PTR. It's in the 3.3.5 spells.
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

skullwarrier's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is a really old thread (It's the top search on google) but I've found a way to do an all stats buff without core mods.

I took a variation of the spell for the Uber Shirt, Shirt of Uber Rating Aura - Spell - WOTLK Database World of Warcraft DB
    Open up Spell.dbc and find spell id 63400 (Uber Spell), Column 81 has the value of 12. that value was the closest to the 13% I wanted to modify, so I just messed with it.
    If you change that number to 1 less than the percentage you want increased to, then you're done

WoWScrnShot_100517_183349.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_100517_183357.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_100517_183402.jpg

Hope I didn't piss anyone off with necroposting...Just figured this could be useful somewhere.

7. Thanks KoljaV (1 members gave Thanks to skullwarrier for this useful post)