0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lua script crashes arcemu-world

Alright so I am currently using ArcEmu revision 506 and it won't accept my custom lua scripts. The error message I get is:

Server has crashed. Reason was:
    an Access Violation at 0x7C9110E9

or

an Access Violation at 0x1B0A1FD4

and so on.

This occurs when I am starting up the arcemu-world.exe. Some lua scripts works fine but there are some certain ones that don't, so it's probably something in the code that it won't recognize. My questions are the following:
    1. Why does Arcemu-world crash on the lua scripts? Can't it just ignore? What is wrong?
    2. Can I change the LUAscripting.dll to make it work with my current scripts? How?
    3. In the arcemu-world.conf, I can enable AS and LUA. What does "AS" do?

Add as much info as possible so I can solve this problem please ^^!

Also here are the two scripts I have as example. They are in order as in the errors I got before:

http://pastebin.com/N1twQ96x

an Access Violation at 0x1B0A1FD4
    http://pastebin.com/73gTsTrB

Also here is a lua script that the arcemu-world.exe accepted:

http://pastebin.com/exfhdME9

+rep if someone can fix this for me ^.^! Would be very grateful! Also please answer all three questions if you can and I will +rep for each

Most important of all is if you know a way I can change and recompile in core so that all lua scripts works for me!
    Last edited by gillisrofl; 11-01-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Lua script crashes arcemu-world
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sunplusplus.info
    ^
    *groan* One of the worst scripting projects ever to come to emulation. Their stuff never worked.

Also these look like old scripts, and I'm not going to proofread over 700 lines of code.

I'm sorry but you will have to rewrite it or find a better script.

gillisrofl's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright then but if you could take a look at this script:

http://pastebin.com/N1twQ96x

Because that is what is causing the crash, the other old scripts I got elsewhere with sun++ I will have removed. But that is a script I have made myself, and crashes for some reason.

EDIT:
    Here is also a script I have done myself, and makes the server crash (I removed all the non-custom scripts now). Also another very weird thing is that sometimes, my scripts works and the server starts up successfully, and most times it doesn't. Anyhow here is another:

http://pastebin.com/L1eF9C2H
    Last edited by gillisrofl; 11-01-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like a bug with the revision you are using, since there is nothing there that should cause a crash upon server startup, hell there's nothing out of event based functions.

Try updating to a new revision, or check the ArcEmu change logs.

Also, I may have been a bit harsh on Sun++. Some of there stuff was good, but they were famous at releasing stuff without actually testing it which caused all sorts of issues.

gillisrofl's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I would go a newer revision if it wasn't for the bugs and all... I compiled revision 1562 lately (which is the latest for 2.4.3) and it was TERRIBLE! GM commands barely worked, good anti-hack system lol kicked GM for fly hacking :P and wrong display ID's (but that's probably because of the database), and mobs in MC going around and auto casting without even being in combat.... and damaging themselves.
    So I looked up a good revision and found out AC web ultimate repack used 506 and so I downloaded that. It works really fine this is the only real problem. Maybe I should make a whole new request thread for a working and good 2.4.3 arcemu core revision + database...

And yes I haven't looked yet but where do I check the change logs ^.^?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I didn't realise you were using such an old patch. The change logs are irrelevant for this, since I doubt you can find the relevant ones, but here is change logs for if you ever use a newer patch: Sign In - ArcEmu

But that is your problem. The Lua engine during TBC and early WOTLK was truly shocking, half the functions don't work, they were constantly switching between what worked and what didn't work as well as the Lua engine being generally unstable and much more slow.

Far less exceptions (errors) were catched during that period as well, which means that the core crashes a lot more often due to simple or silly mistakes.

There is no easy way to solve the problem, if you look at the scripts released back then they were all rather simple... That's for a reason. :/