Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lookin for a teacher to help me create a Private Server.

Hey guys. Im new here and I know that there are guides on here to run me through this but I would really like for someone who has created and run a private server successfully.
    All I want to make is a simple, easy to make private server that me and my friends can use. I only plan for me and them to use it, plus the person who helps me make it will also have full access. THX

Lookin for a teacher to help me create a Private Server.
    gillisrofl's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to run it simply with your friends you could get a Repack, which is much easier.

However, if you want a core I can help you out! Add at msn: revivedcwow @ hotmail . com

andoniss's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, you want to make it offline or online?
    And do you want to run with the wrath of the lich king patch or cataclysm beta alpha patch?

paintitblack756's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont need a teacher persay..

looking to make a server only accessable through my home network, dont have a consistant internet source but id still like to play, and i know a few people who would play at my house for it. ive tried a couple repacks and guides and i just keep getting errors or the guides files are gone. so for i have .net 4, navicat, mysql 5.1, and hamachi. if anyone could point me to what i need , ie a guide and working downloads, id be very grateful. the computers would be connected through a linksys router, both wired and wireless connections. i dont know if that matters. thank you in advance for help. id also like to be able to upgrade it to cataclysm in the future, and possibly switch machines to an actual server.. dont want to be testing on the server quite yet

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by paintitblack756 View Post
    looking to make a server only accessable through my home network, dont have a consistant internet source but id still like to play, and i know a few people who would play at my house for it. ive tried a couple repacks and guides and i just keep getting errors or the guides files are gone. so for i have .net 4, navicat, mysql 5.1, and hamachi. if anyone could point me to what i need , ie a guide and working downloads, id be very grateful. the computers would be connected through a linksys router, both wired and wireless connections. i dont know if that matters. thank you in advance for help. id also like to be able to upgrade it to cataclysm in the future, and possibly switch machines to an actual server.. dont want to be testing on the server quite yet
    Hey paintitblack756. If you are going to play just at your home, you won't need hamachi! You can simply use your LAN! In other words your localhost 127.0.0.1

Setting up the server through a repack will be pretty easy! Just find one you like and download it! By default, some of the repacks are set to your localhost, so you will be able to connect to it directly. However, of course, you will need to make a few accounts and learn how to start up the server. Now my guess is that you're using patch 3.3.5 of wow. In that case, this video guide here will be of great help to you! He shows where you can download a repack, setup the server, create accounts and connect to it!

YouTube - How To Make a 3.3.5 WoW Private Server

Although being able to upgrade the server to cataclysm will be harder. A repack is a server put together from something called a core. This is the original source that the repack came from. In other words, it was in the core the repack was made! In order to change any of the files or upgrade them, you would need exactly the core that the repack came from, which you can't get your hands on. Thus you cannot upgrade or change the files you got from the repack. If you want to be able to play cataclysm eventually, you would need to download a repack with cataclysm, or start getting a core (which is much harder work).

If you need live help I can help you out in msn or something today, seeing that you posted this only a few minutes ago! Add revived @ hotmail com (with dots ^^)
    Last edited by gillisrofl; 11-17-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you

will be trying that, thanks. i know that i could access that through just that one computer, but how would i be able to make that so it is accessible though the home network? im starting off with a decent gaming computer to run the server, but i have an actual dell server id like to move it to, once im sure that the downloads are safe, workable, and easy to use and create. sorry i wasnt able to get back to you when you answered, i had to leave so i gave up trying to just follow the guides and did a post.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by paintitblack756 View Post
    will be trying that, thanks. i know that i could access that through just that one computer, but how would i be able to make that so it is accessible though the home network?
    To be honest I haven't tried myself, but I believe that your friends will be able to login to the server as long as they share the same network as you through a switcher or a router. In other words your localhost 127.0.0.1. Secondly they could connect through your internal IP (though I highly doubt that works or that's the way).

And btw I didn't get that thing about "dell server" ^_^. Did you mean another computer? Or another network? What ID :P? Anyway, I will check in later today since I will be on and working at my computer the whole day. If you like, feel free to add me.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a server computer i own. if i put the 127 ip into the realmlist on a different comp, wouldnt it search just on that computer? the internal sounds like it would be right, ive seen problems with people using an external and people could connect to it from outside the network, but not from within. right now im working with a step process, installing everything to my laptop that i can bring to a wifi spot, and once i get that working, moving it to my gaming computer and running the router to the other comps, then once everything is running fine, putting it on the server i have and making the network i have work for it instead. im pretty sure that the server will be able to handle it better, since nothing else will be running on it. cant decide whether i want to keep it windows or change it to a linux distribution. but that will come later once i have a better understanding of the works.

ive added you on messenger and it will go directly to my phone so i dont need to worry about having an internet connection all day, i bet this would be a ton easier if i could get it at my house somehow,

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I wrote my hotmail a bit wrong xD

Revivedcwow @ hotmail . com

Write it without the space :P

Goopster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a awesome service hosting website you could use to get your private server public, Web Hosting : Professional Web Hosting from Just Host Has some awesome web hosting information!
    Has all kinds of stuff I even use it! It's pretty nifty.