Is their actually a complete step-by-step how to make a wow server that works? menu

User Tag List

dragon_hacker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is their actually a complete step-by-step how to make a wow server that works?

I just want a simple 3.1.3 server only for private use. I would also like to use the Trinity repack 3.1.3 however

I have been on this site previously 1-2 years ago and got a previous Antrix private server running, however that one is no longer on this site and I need your help.

I searched the ASCENT EMULATION FORUMS, but only got weird threads about , customizing aspects of the server, making it online and repack cores, BUT NO EASY OR STEP BY STEP GUIDES FOR A 3.1.3 SERVER. They all assume you know how to use SQL or put in a database, are too old, have broken links, ect.

I have problems such as not having a realmlist in my SQL when I download it, or that things can't find a database.

I JUST WAN'T A SIMPLE GUIDE that goes through EVERY ASPECT of EACH FILE and how you get it, what things you need on to start the server.

WHY ARE THINGS SO MUCH MORE COMPLICATED NOW? What happened to Chrispeee's simple antrix guide? (lol)

Can you please point me to a simple step-by-step guide to make a 3.1.3 Server using Trinity?

If you have read this far and can actually solve my problem or guide me in the right way without advertisements or repacks, I will +Rep you wherever you go for as long as I can.

Thank you

Is their actually a complete step-by-step how to make a wow server that works?
    REMoyen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not really advanced with this stuff, I used http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...alot-more.html , kudos to the writer Saperior. I know its not uptodate but I like it. Hopefully 3.1.x arcemu with ac web comes out or another 3.1.3 ++ but I don't know...not super advanced yet...but itsworking lol

Vindicated's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Visit the Trinity website. Trinity has a great community, and they have some setup guides that are easy to follow along with some good support.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vindicated View Post
    Visit the Trinity website. Trinity has a great community, and they have some setup guides that are easy to follow along with some good support.

Till you get stuck with errors and you start to wonder "this guide is wrong" and need to start improvising. At least I did, got it in the end but none of the guides were to date.

budikturk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you, most guides are pretty clear. They start with step by step instructions, then in the middle blam, they say something like, ie; start mysql with a opening startme.bat (lol not found) or the ....

I see alot of old time programmers here, how hard would it be to create a bat (prog) that edits config with simple questions for your own server, then does ad (map) snd whatever else for making your server custom... I get the sense of sadism because this is just like a chars that have high end tier stuff not helping greenies with simple clues or running a instance.....

Bearlord's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the sense of sadism because this is just like a chars that have high end tier stuff not helping greenies with simple clues or running a instance.....

this is mostly because they dont have time for it

Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on a bookish guide on wow emulation it will include how to make a server with a repack for all the major emus how to compile each emu, basic database stuff, Lua, ect so stay tuned!

dragon_hacker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be AWESOME I'll keep watching you then!