0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the best server type right now?

i'm am pretty new to making a private server but i have c++ and lua programming experience. I wanna make a server that includes custom classes, races, quests, achievements, cities, instances and mobs. I understand that this may by a very large undertaking, I have lots of free time (no job) and I am willing to dedicate a few months or even a year to develop this.
    I just wanna know whats the best route to start with in terms of server emu types. I have been researching for the last couple and there a bunch of them from what I can tell. whats the best to use mangos, arcemu, etc.
    Also what are the differences between the types.
    sorry if this has been asked before, if it has can someone link me to the appropiate thread.

whats the best server type right now?
    LJN's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now since wotlk came out, people want all the new gear, to be able to play new BG's and to use siege tanks. Anything new, free and working like instances people want.

Aspire/HearthStone: Pros- Aspire moved to more of a funserver type server when they first started. Now there moving to blizzlike since HS joined in. Aspire has many fixes and has excellent developers, it is also based of the leek of the summit core.
    Cons- Aspire is not the leader of users using the core. This means most of the releases for malls, items, etc will not work unless you change them to aspire format.

Arcemu: Pros- Arc is the main leader of users. A Large Percent of people release items, malls, etc for arcemu. Which means no converting files. They based there core off ascent/open ascent and have a strong community .
    Cons- I havent used arcemu much but the last time I checked the uptime was bad. Other reasons people don't like arcemu is because of hasbro. (In my defense I'm not saying I don't like him)

Mangos: Pros- Mangos is the longest living emu out there to date. Very powerful, with a great DB team UDB. Its a weird thing that people don't use mangos, it has uptimes of Days, or weeks and has many good developers. Its like the Mac and Windows fight. Windows is Aspire/Arcmu that most people use, and Mangos is Mac but not alot of people use it.
    Cons- Not many poeple use it which means many scripts and DB's will not work with it.
    Last edited by LJN; 01-22-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    ahhhh

liquidmetalix's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks nightmare for the info.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any suggestions on tools for editing my server for like adding cities, editing npcs, mobs, quests, and also editing them. forgot to mention i have decided to go with arcemu for the moment.
    Last edited by liquidmetalix; 01-24-2009 at 04:30 PM.

spectre123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Arcemu... but its up to you.

sasoritail's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by liquidmetalix View Post
    any suggestions on tools for editing my server for like adding cities, editing npcs, mobs, quests, and also editing them. forgot to mention i have decided to go with arcemu for the moment.
    Check my guide for download of more than 500 Gameobject's and some DB editing programs.
    Soon gonna make a thread with Database editor programs and 3D viewers

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/ascent...ml#post1344293

If u need help with anything post it there

Glad to help (if it helped)
    It's been a while

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have taken a look at your thread sasortail and i must say, well done 'ole chap, very well done and useful indeed. I will definitely mention you in the quest lore when my server is complete
    Last edited by liquidmetalix; 01-24-2009 at 07:55 PM.