0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Few things Most Guides Dont Cover

Hi there, I figured id post a small guide on things i found to be annoying while Creating my server... Hope it helps!

MySQL: If when you are trying to enter your database to add something in or just to get into the database and you get an access denied message theres a few things that could've gone wrong: First of all open your ascent and logon configs and make sure all the Username and Passwords match that of which you are using to try and access your Database. If this is all correct make sure you do indeed have MySql running (this tripped me up xD). Also if you are using Wamp for your website unless you configure it correctly running mysql through wamp will not work.

Realm Looping: Theres a few guides that include this but took me a few tries to find one (Clain, AbsoluteZero). But to prevent realm looping you need to make a second realm...

To do this open your realms.conf and find this:
    Code:
    <LogonServer Address = "127.0.0.1"
                 Port = "8093"
                 Name = "logon"
                 RealmCount = "1">
    Change the Realmcount which is currently the red 1 to 2.
    then scroll down and find this :
    Code:
    <Realm1 Name = "Rise of the Storm"
            Address = "Ip Address:8129"
            Icon = "PVP"
            Colour = "1"
            Population = "1.0"
            TimeZone = "1">
    Now, Copy all of that Push enter 1 or 2 times then paste it again. it should now look like this:
    Code:
    <Realm1 Name = "Rise of the Storm;Local"
            Address = "INTERNAL IP:8129"
            Icon = "PVP"
            Colour = "1"
            Population = "1.0"
            TimeZone = "1">

<Realm2 Name = "Rise of the Storm"
            Address = "EXTERNAL IP:8129"
            Icon = "PVP"
            Colour = "1"
            Population = "1.0"
            TimeZone = "1">
    Make sure for the second realm you change the 1 to a two like i did above. To find internal ip address run CMD then type ipconfig and the address after Ip Address is your internal. To find external go to whatsmyip.org Save your realms file and restart server if you had it running and this should fix the problem

Website Issues: If you are using a dyndns to host your website and you have a router like mine (speedstream 5200) then you need to go under the setup or an alike tab (usually same tab that port forwarding is under) and click Dynamic Dns now put in the name of the host you made and the username and password you used to sign up on dyndns.com.

Thats all i can think of for now. Ill edit later. Please post with any other problems and general feedback on the post thanks! I also posted this on AC-WEB so please dont reply saying i stole it i have the same account name:P both r my posts

A Few things Most Guides Dont Cover