1/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Set up a Trinitycore Blizzlike website

Hey everyone, while there's guides for mangos websites and trinity is very similar a lot of them do not work anymore because of changes made to trinity core. this guide will walk you through setting up the website along with configuring the files properly..

THIS GUIDE ASSUMES YOU ALREADY HAVE A DNS HOSTNAME. if not look on the forums there's 100's of guides

Step 1:

grab the website files from http://www.mediafire.com/?o14p17v0jxhke01

WAMP server: http://www.mediafire.com/?o472qlzyiorkoy3
    Step 2.
    install wamp there are no special install settings so just run through that
    when wamp is all done left click the trey icon and start all services

step 3. installing the website.

Ok now that you installed wamp and downloaded the website time to set it all up,
    First go to the root of you C drive... you will find a wamp folder click it.
    Now find the folder called www, extract all the contents of the trinity core website rar to that folder

should look just like that... Next navigate to the install folder and find the file DISABLE_INSTALLER.php and rename it to anything else

Then navigate to www\config and remove .dist from config.xml config-protect.php and playermap-config.php
    Attachment 12272

Go to your we browser and type in 127.0.0.1/install

Select Trinity, set it all up to your server settings be sure to change mango's and realmd to world and auth!
    Next make sure you inject the sqls i wont because i already have made a website, IF you are updating from an old site then re inject them aswell
    make your admin account and your done it will take you to your website.

Now if your dns set up then other will be able to go your website with that address if not they have to use your external ip adress. And any computer from inside YOUR network only needs to connect to the site using the host pc's INTERAL IP

DELETE WWW\INSTALL FOLDER WHEN DONE TO PREVENT HACKING
    Step 3: customizing your website

Most of the website customization is done by going to Wamp\www\config\config.xml Open that with your favorite txt editor i recommend notepad+ and look around
    and edit what you want, its pretty self explanatory just read carefully

step 4: Adding forums
    so you want forums huh?

ok their pretty easy to set up...download phpbb3 here Attachment 12275http://www.mediafire.com/?bxrmo0c2qldc4pl
    extract the phpbb3 folder to your WWW folder

Now go to your browser again and type in 127.0.0.1/phpbb3
    A control panel like design will pop up click instaltion at the top and click proceed to next step

follow through the onscreen instructions... you dont need to change anything special.
    it is alot like the website installer just follow all the way through, adding in your database info... FOR database name USE CHaracters! NOT WORLD

In the advanced tab window under domain name put in your DNS xxx.no-ip.com xxx.servegame.com etc

DELETE THE INSTALL FOLDER IN /phpbb3 OR FORUMS WONT WORK!

STEP 4.1 Configuring the forums

Now we need to make it so when you click forum on the website it takes us to our newly made forums.
    Remember that config.xml file in www\config? well go back and open it up

Find. "externalforum>0</externalforum>" change to "externalforum>1</externalforum>"
    Find. "<forum_external_link>LINK HERE</forum_external_link" change LINK HERE to /phpbb3

Save your done!

STEP 4.2 Making the forums look blizzlike

The last think i will be teaching you is how to make your forums look blizz like.
    first download PBwow here Filebeam - Beam up that File Scottie!

now go to the www\phpbb3 folder and merge the styles folder with the one in the rar file above

now to to 127.0.0.1/phpbb3 log it and at the bottom click administration panel, you will need to log in again

once you are in the admin panel click styles in the top center. then find the the style just called PBwow and install it

now once you install that you can go back and install any theme you want install it and make it active.
    and thats it your done! enjoy your new website!
    Last edited by spleee101; 01-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.

How to Set up a Trinitycore Blizzlike website
    Unscrupulous's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the pictures and and files on an external link such as imgur for pictures and mediafire for files the attatchemnts here will never be approved

spleee101's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry il reupload them all now

Edit: ok i reuploaded all the links sorry about that, I didnt know, all media fire now
    Last edited by spleee101; 01-24-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: fixed links

Kirisch's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be some really stupid error somewhere in the labyrinth of codes on my side, but I keep getting stuck on step 2/3 of the Web Installer.
    Is there anyone who knows how to resolve this (probably very stupid) issue?

Seijixi's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for bumping this, my repack ( I mean the repack i am using ) came with a fusion CMS, but I cannot set it up properly, so I replaced it with this one. But, how can I make the website available for other people? They can play on my server with my premade account just fine btw. thanks