0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How-to get a good GM/Developer job!

Hey, fellow Ownedcore users! This is a very LONGG guide on how to become a GM/Developer on a decent not-halfassed server.
    So, lets get started, shalt we? Remember, this is just a guide on how-to start. Not on how to do it all! (:

1. The beginning. Probably the hardest part to get a GM/Developer job - So lets start. When you first greet the owner/staff manager, you should act like yourself truth be told. The reason being is because you don't want to be a GM based on a lie of you being someone different at the beginning. Example: Pretend I'm the biggest bitch in the world and greet them with "Hello, friend. I was looking to become a GM on your fine-looking server!", well my position will be built on a lie! (and yes, I tend to be a bitch sometimes *Halo over head*). Acting like yourself may or may not be bad for your relationship with the owner/manager, but you don't want a position built on a lie. Trust me, if its a good position you'll thank me!

2. Your skills. NEVER lie about your skills. If you say you know C++ just to get in - Let me tell you about a story. T'was a cold day, Turtles was looking for a home. She was at this time retarded. She told a private-server owner she knew SQL when she didn't. She done goofed. (Ofcourse, I know SQL now..Yay shameless self-advertisement!!! =P). This should be a lesson to all who dare dabble in dark magic! Now, this is just a suggestion: but before applying you should know the game very well. If you didn't get that reference, you shouldn't be a GM anywhere. =P

2B. If you are a developer, you should learn how to use multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, CentOS and Wandows is a good example), should you have to get access via host to stop a single-file DDoS or compile a script.

3. YOUR AGE... If you lie about this you'll get slapped out of the sky (Especially on *******, horrible community IMO.). Turtles here done told the nice people she wuz 17...Big mistake. This was just a little side-suggestion.

4. Be honest or be prepared to get DOX'd or Data Mined. Use a VPN if you are trying to hide a browsing history . Personally, I don't use incognito, so yeah..

5. Don't lie about ANYTHING as a matress of fax. (Purpose misspell). Tell them your age, how friendly you are, how hard it is to make you rage, BUT BE HONEST. Personally, when hiring staff onto my team I don't look for experience or age. I look for people I can trust over anything. If they know they can trust you , they know you can learn and change your behavior according to mistakes!

Epilogue. Apparently, this wasn't as long a guide as I had pictured.. =P Anyway, best of luck. Remember, I am here only to help.

If you need help with anything, send a skype request to iamaturtlehehe and I'll be ON THE CASE!

Best regards,

--Turtleswin.

How-to get a good GM/Developer job!
    whitekidney's Avatar Donator
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. Your skills. NEVER lie about your skills. If you say you know C++ just to get in - Let me tell you about a story. T'was a cold day, Turtles was looking for a home. She was at this time retarded. She told a private-server owner she knew SQL when she didn't. She done goofed. (Ofcourse, I know SQL now..Yay shameless self-advertisement!!! =P). This should be a lesson to all who dare dabble in dark magic! Now, this is just a suggestion: but before applying you should know the game very well. If you didn't get that reference, you shouldn't be a GM anywhere. =P

2B. If you are a developer, you should learn how to use multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, CentOS and Wandows is a good example), should you have to get access via host to stop a single-file DDoS or compile a script.
    ahahahaha wat

4. Be honest or be prepared to get DOX'd or Data Mined. Use a VPN if you are trying to hide a browsing history . Personally, I don't use incognito, so yeah..
    lol...

turtleswin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=someonesecret;2632451]

ahahahaha wat

it's happened before dood. Happens to Feenix, who uses a single host pretty much every day. (God forbid they get DDoS protection), now go away.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, VPN for history because it hides you altogether! Truthfully, I watch ALOT of ****** Cba to lie, but I still hide my IP :>

Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would anyone us these methods on their developer? "DOX'd or Data Mined".
    Either they trust you or they don't.

Or you could just follow this:

Write a good solid application, keep it short but with enough information for the reader/recruiter
    to get interested, and later on interview or hire you.

If you don't know how to write a good application -> Google -> Search for job application sample.
    ex: (Sample Job Application Letter)
    //Dwn
    Last edited by Harambeqt; 01-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my greatest guide yet, so what? :|

Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by turtleswin View Post
    Not my greatest guide yet, so what? :|
    Then edit it, its not written in stone.

If you are going to write more tutorials, do not write like this "she wuz".
    - It looks bad and people will probably think you are 12/13 years old.

Also some of your sentences are a bit hard to understand, members on forums such as this and other gaming forums speak different languages and even if they cant write with proper English -> It is also much easier to understand properly-written English when you reading and you will get better translations with (ex, google translate).
    Last edited by Harambeqt; 01-04-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: QQ
    - - -

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I am 13 (Going on 14 in a few days, though.)

xXCharleyXx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol feenix, wrost developed actualy making money server in whole wow history
    "I believe there's something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree'd. Great money involved though !

Infinitude's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While they generate a ton of money, it all goes to the greedy-as-hell owners. Damn, people are so easily deceived as they managed to actually have people playing there.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On projects like Feenix or Molten that is the unfortunate truth.

Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Infinitude View Post
    While they generate a ton of money, it all goes to the greedy-as-hell owners. Damn, people are so easily deceived as they managed to actually have people playing there.
    On projects like Feenix or Molten that is the unfortunate truth.
    So what? The servers are good. The developers are doing a great job to make it blizzlike.
    You are just jealous.

They make alot of money, yes. But they can't put all that money into the server.
    And so what if the owner buys food or a new computer with 10% of all donation money.
    Unless he takes most of the money for his own use and cut the developers paychecks so they stop working, I don't give a shit. They are enjoying what they have built up for the last 3-5 years theres no shame in that. So stop talking shit about other servers and TALK ABOUT "HOW TO GET A GOOD GM - DEVELOPER JOB" instead.

///dwn
    Last edited by Harambeqt; 01-12-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    - - -

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all. Molten is doing amazing. Feenix isn't. Molten has terrible support and buggy as shit content. I'd say what they have working works maybe 70%. Feenix however, says they're blizzlike-> you can sell marks of honor-> Don't need SoA to do UBRS -> don't need ony attu, must I go on?

Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all. Molten is doing amazing. Feenix isn't. Molten has terrible support and buggy as shit content. I'd say what they have working works maybe 70%. Feenix however, says they're blizzlike-> you can sell marks of honor-> Don't need SoA to do UBRS -> don't need ony attu, must I go on?
    Read my post one more time, then think about if you were the owner. Most people would not be able to handle that much money... They are doing a good job, stop complaining.
    - - -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast