0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How-to stop DDoS attacks.

So, you are curious on how to stop DDoS attacks eh? Well, some can be stopped. Attackers that have a perse 8GB/S Russian Botnet will pretty much wreck you to the death.
    However, a kid without a VPN will easily be counter-owned. Lets start.

1. Personal DDoS!: This is an easy one to stop.
    Step 1. Unplug your modem/router for about 5 minutes.
    Step 2. Call your internet service provider and tell them you're being DDoS'd, as this affects the service of everyone, not just yourself.
    Step 3. You may be offline for a few hours - but it beats being offline for weeks with a botnet ****ing with you.
    Step 4. Procautionary measure: Get a new modem. You NEED to change your IP, also get a VPN. On request I can post a VPN that is open-sourced for you incase you get a hacker threat.

2. Server DDoS..: This one isn't so easy.
    1. Call the host servicing and warn em'. They will help you with this and KNOW how to trace the DDoS.
    2. Hope you don't get kicked out. You shouldn't, but it can happen.
    3. Bonus - If you can still get access, say they're DDoSing just a file - Enable that firewall and restart the host-PC. This will save you hours of downtime and help you out ALOT.

Remember, this is good for only basic DDoS attacks. if a pro DDoS goes out, you should just go offline (router/modem included) for a day or two. Then change your IP.

REMEMBER KIDS: DDoS'ing is a federal crime in the US, even with a VPN it can be tracked. You have been warned.

Best of luck, I hate DDoS'ers too. Best regards

--Turtleswin.

Need help or tech-support? Skype req iamaturtlehehe !
    Last edited by turtleswin; 01-03-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Federal Crimes are illegal.

How-to stop DDoS attacks.
    sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ddos is a sign of protesting ;p

XxXGenesisXxX's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sad that something like this is even needed to be posted. Some WoW server owners are so pathetic these days. What happened to the days when people did WoW modding for fun and enjoyment... Goes to show the community can still be very immature. And honestly, if you feel the need to DDoS another server, that is basically admitting you can not compete because your server is downright worse.

Edit: Would rep, but need to share some first.
    Last edited by XxXGenesisXxX; 01-03-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Rep Note

turtleswin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Kids are getting so butthurt these days that they just won't stop until the world burns before themselves. I've DDoS'd...myself. Had to learn how to atleast have knowledge, but I'd never do it to any public things. Anyway, hope this helped. Thanks, pal. (:

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got people adding me on skype to learn how to DDoS, that is not why my skype is there and if it is done again I will not take so lightly to it.

XxXGenesisXxX's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by turtleswin View Post
    Got people adding me on skype to learn how to DDoS, that is not why my skype is there and if it is done again I will not take so lightly to it.
    In reply to those people who add you asking how to:

1. DDoS is incredibly easy to do, to find out it's called a google search ffs.

2. You will fail at every attempt you have in mind to bring down a server or website. For any general method an amatuer can do, DDoSing isn't just something 1 person does on a single computer successfully. For the general methods to be effective you need a large network of computers with multiple ISP connections. So don't bother asking and don't be a douche who thinks DDoSing is cool. Let alone hiding a trace back to you...

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XxXGenisis, have you got skype? if so, I'd liek to speak with you.

The-Eradicator's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by XxXGenesisXxX View Post
    2. You will fail at every attempt you have in mind to bring down a server or website. For any general method an amatuer can do, DDoSing isn't just something 1 person does on a single computer successfully. For the general methods to be effective you need a large network of computers with multiple ISP connections. So don't bother asking and don't be a douche who thinks DDoSing is cool. Let alone hiding a trace back to you...
    You can pretty easily down services from a home connection if you use targeted attacks against that service. A simple example would be shitflooding HTTP GET to a PHP page that runs long queries. It all depends on the target's configuration and software.

If your server is being DDoSed you can typically mitigate it by buying several (8+) small VPSes from several different hosts and running them as reverse proxies to your real server. This works because skiddies generally don't have very much DDoS, and find it a lot harder to simultaneously attack eight targets at once due to shitty scripts. It won't save you from someone who's malicious and talented. Even if someone downs all of your reverse proxies, they're cheap enough that you can add more at will, and it saves your expensive dedicated server from being suspended and you having to move everything to another box.
    Last edited by The-Eradicator; 01-04-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
    Albert Einstein

Thomja's Avatar Almost Legendary User
    Thanks G/R
    14/38
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another problem is that fixing a DDoS this way can take up to a day, while it takes the DDoSer around 3 minutes to get your IP