Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How-To] Make Custom Items For Beginners (Beginners Guide to Success!)

THIS IS A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO CREATING CUSTOM ITEMS FOR ALL CORE TYPES (ArCemu, ManGOS, Trinity)

KNOW YOUR CORE
    Your core should be represented on your repack, or the website you got it from, if it doesn't, you can go to SERVER/CONFIGS/WORLD, and find the MoTD: Which will say something like "Welcome to a Arcemu-based server!"

PRE-CREATING THE ITEM
    Now that you know your core, its time to make the item! Now, since this is a beginner's guide, i will make something obvious, like a weapon of some sort. We will be using a website called WoW-V. To create items though, you must register, here is the link: Forums: Register | WoW-V.com

NOW WE CREATE THE ITEM
    Alright, now that we know our core and have a WoW-V account, its time to make that item! On WoW-V you have the choice of making
    ARMOR
    WEAPONS
    BAGS
    GRAVEYARDS
    AMMO
    JEWELRY
    MOB/NPC
    VENDORS
    JUNK
    LOOT
    BOOKS
    QUESTS
    RELICS
    OUTFITS
    But for now, we will make a weapon. So go ahead and click the CREATE button on the top of the screen, and choose a weapon, (just for the sake of you being a beginner) Now we have a couple of boxes to fill in. We have the name of the weapon, its quote, and the entry and displayID. Everything should be self explanatory except for EntryID and DisplayID, now before you get confused let me explain these two fellas. A EntryID is the ID of the item, lets say you wanted to add a Top Hat. its item ID is 47185, so you would type .char add 47185 and you would get it. DisplayID is what the item looks like, to find this, use the DisplayID Finder Tool below those two boxes. That is all i pretty much need to cover on the item making, you can aswell as click the [?] on the bottom of the column for it to explain what each term means.

PUTTING THE ITEM IN WoW
    Alright, we made our item, time to put it In-game for us to use! The first thing we need to do is download it from WoW-V, this is simple, just scroll down the page and find the "DOWNLOAD" button, once found, click on it, you will get multiple options such as

ArcEmu < v2801
    ArcEmu > v2801
    Ascent
    Aspire
    MaNGOS
    Trinity

These are core types, depending on what core you have, that is the one you download the item for, If you are Arcemu, click the second one, if you are MaNGOS, click the second to last one and so on. Once you find your core, click on the "Dowload Batch" button and save it, do not click run or open! Next, open up your database, which is your HeidiSQL, Navicat, and so on. Log in to your database and go into the table of whatever world would represent, I don't know all of em, but if you are running something besides Arcemu, click on all of em until you find the column "Items" or such, for Arcemu, (like me and most beginners start with) you click on "World" and scroll down to "items" double click it, and you should find yourself in a tab of a bunch of stuff. On the top, there is a button that says "Query" click on that and you should see a page that you can type in. Then, click on "Import" and then select "Load SQL File" you should then find where you saved your item, click on it and the white box should be filled with 1or two lines of coding, on the top right you should see what looks like a "Play" button that is blue, it says "Execute Batch File" click that, and if all goes well, nothing should pop up, if nothing goes wrong, exit out of your database and restart your server, or turn it on.

TIPS
    Make sure to ALWAYS have MySQL on when entering your database, if you don't the database will not run.
    Always remember to click the SECOND one if you are arcemu, the first one does not work correctly, it always has errors.
    Try to have an EntryID about 6 numbers along, (Zero's DO NOT COUNT!) for a better chance of not having a duplicate item with the same entryID.

I guess thats it, thanks for reading and i hoped you could make items yourself! IF you liked this guide and feel you want to make more advanced stuff like quests and such, i might make a guide for those aswell, for those are pretty tricky to make.

Peace out, guys. And good luck to my item creators!

[How-To] Make Custom Items For Beginners (Beginners Guide to Success!)