(PICTURES!) Find a Display ID for that one weapon (or piece of armor) that you want! menu

User Tag List

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(PICTURES!) Find a Display ID for that one weapon (or piece of armor) that you want!

LONG TITLE NAME IS LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG
    The funny thing is: This EMULATION guide requires two MODELEDITING programs.

This is my first guide by the way, so be easy on me if I screw up.

To follow along with this tutorial you will need..

- MyWarcraftStudio (Version 0.10 or higher) (Windows only, Sorry guys.. will find a link soon)
    WINDOWS: Download Link
    MAC OSX:

- WoW Model Viewer
    WINDOWS: Download Link
    MAC OSX: Download Link

The guide will have text colours to represent the following
    RED / You will not need to do this if you already have the programs
    GREEN / This is Optional
    WHITE / Follow this step by step, this is how you find your model!

OPTIONAL STUFF

[SPOILER]STEP 1: Download your type of Modelviewer from one of the links above. If you do not have them, you should really start paying attention to guides.

STEP 2: Extract the files using a program like WinZip, Winrar, 7Zip or Tug-Zip.
    Find a suitable location that you will remember.
    [/SPOILER]
    STEP 3: After you have extracted the programs to a folder (If you're using them for the first time), find where you extracted WoW Model Viewer, and open it up.

STEP FOUR: Time to find your item! Mouse on over to the Item box. If you're looking for weapon display ID. If you are looking for armor display IDs, follow the same steps, but go into the Head / Shield / Shoulder etc folders..

STEP 5: Find your weapon. Please note however, the files within WoW do not name them accordingly (for developer purposes) so you will need to find your weapon manually.

STEP FIVE: If it is available for your weapon, scroll down to the texture box and pick out a
    style for your weapon. It's always fun finding the ones blizzard screwed up on.

STEP SIX: Write down your weapon. (and possibly the skin)'s model. You will need these soon. This is probably the easiest step (Not including opening the program)

STEP SEVEN: You are now done the Model Viewer portion of this guide. Feel free to close the program now. Now, Find where you extracted you My Warcraft Studio and open it up
    (Gee hypnotard, how'd ye git that thar kool red spinnykabober)

STEP EIGHT: Find your World of Warcraft Data folder, and open up your patch-enUS. (PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE EUROPEAN, IT WILL BE CALLED enEU, SPANISH enES, or FRENCH enFR)

STEP NEIN NEIN NEIN: In the program, you will want to click the expander beside the folder DBFilesClient. Once expanded, look for "ItemDisplayInfo.dbc"

STEP TEN: This is when you finally get to look for your display ID (relieved, inorite?) In the search above, copy and paste your model ID (or if you have it, your skin ID instead) and press find.
    PLEASE NOTE: If you nothing comes up, repeat Steps Eight and Nine but try opening ALL of the MPQs. (patch-enUS, patch-enUS2, patch-enUS3, and patch-enUSq)

STEP ELEVEN (I literally took a break and went to 7-11 before writing this): Now that you've found your model, copy the number in the first column (ID) in this case, my ID is 65310.
    After you find your ID, You are done! You can now create an item using the WoW-V item creator (lolnub) or input it into your database (lolwin)!

Conclusion: I thank you for reading this guide, and the for positive (and negative) feedback you may leave me. It took me well over an hour and a half to create it (damn I am slow)

Again, many thanks for reading it, I'm gonna finish my slurpee.
    Last edited by I Hypnotoad I; 07-17-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

(PICTURES!) Find a Display ID for that one weapon (or piece of armor) that you want!
    TheSpidey's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gastric actually wrote about this a couple of years ago, and this method is nothing new, but still, you get my rep for writing a detailed, coherent guide

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheSpidey View Post
    Gastric actually wrote about this a couple of years ago, and this method is nothing new, but still, you get my rep for writing a detailed, coherent guide
    Damnit they really need to fix this search engine. I found NO results whatsoever. >_<

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

TheSpidey's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Searched for 'displayid' in the guides section

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a new and refreshed guide is always good.

I might use this later. +Rep.
    Death to all but Metal.