Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TuT] How to make working custom weapons.

Hello there mmowned, I am Proxes some of you might know me some you might not.

Are you one of those people making a funrealm or just custom weapons for the fun of it and realise that they don't work ingame, You try to use it and it says No-Meele weapon in the main hand. Are you tired of getting frustrated trying to solve this, Well look no further this tut will help you a whole bunch.

First is first there is two ways we can do this .

But before I go into that maybe some of you are wondering hmm a custom weapon how is this possible well first you go to wow-v.com and you can make your own armor basically your own anything you just need a unique entry ID and look up a display ID, I'm not going into details on that since there are 9238238238 tuts on it, Just use google.

First Way

Well the first way is easy, You can use an exisitng entry ID in the DB already and just replace it. What I mean is lets say you want a custom weapon but don't know how to get it working, You can lets say use the Warglaive of azzinoth's entry ID for your custom weapon and it will work ing-ame, But I'm not sure if the display ID you choose will work or if it just shows the Warglaive display. But doing this you can customize the weapon to your likes.

Second Way
    I recommend this way. Wondering why well this way you do not have to delete any existing items in your DB.
    First off this link is a must you will need this pastebin - unused display id's - post number 1799396.
    That is a bunch of unused entry ID's, Those are the keys to making your custom weapon. When you open the link you will see this 1157 2 0 One Hand Axe. But the 1157 here would be the entry ID you use, Once you have this when your on the item creation on wow-v you enter that number as your entry ID and then do the rest as you normally would do, execute it in your DB and shazam you have a working custom weapon.

Missing any details,or still not clear on what to do leave me a message here or on [email protected]

[TuT] How to make working custom weapons.
    vonkova's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what i understand this isnt really making a custom weapon, this is more of a use on private servers and all ur doing is editing the stats really.
    I may be wrong so correct me if i am since i dont know much about wow-v.com.
    But making a custom weapon is mainly doing it by hand from scratch. but thats just my OP.

Proxes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vonkova View Post
    from what i understand this isnt really making a custom weapon, this is more of a use on private servers and all ur doing is editing the stats really.
    I may be wrong so correct me if i am since i dont know much about wow-v.com.
    But making a custom weapon is mainly doing it by hand from scratch. but thats just my OP.
    This is for private servers only not retail people should know already, and the first way is just editing the stats since thats all you can do, The second way is from scratch not just editing stats.

vonkova's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Proxes View Post
    This is for private servers only not retail people should know already, and the first way is just editing the stats since thats all you can do, The second way is from scratch not just editing stats.
    ok ic now now, thanx for explaining it to me lol.
    I thought it was just for private servers.

I got a bit confused of what u was trying to say by custom models.

Zaxer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find this useful, but I have to say that the second way is much easier than the first one.
    +repz

shadowknight513's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, using the second method, can I just delete the selected row, but then create a new item of that particular one's id? Does it have to be a one handed axe? Or can it be any item type that I choose?

Proxes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zaxer View Post
    I find this useful, but I have to say that the second way is much easier than the first one.
    +repz
    Thanks a lot bud .

Originally Posted by shadowknight513 View Post
    Wait, using the second method, can I just delete the selected row, but then create a new item of that particular one's id? Does it have to be a one handed axe? Or can it be any item type that I choose?
    I'm am not sure what your saying here, If your talking about using a existing entry ID, I am not sure if it will creature a brand new weapon using that entry ID or just the same weapon with different sets. I am going with it will be a new weapon since in the second way its a unused entry ID, so deleting a entry ID will be using a unused one. Correct me If I am wrong.

shadowknight513's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait never mind, I just tried it. Basically what I did was took the first 50 ID's on that list, and found them in my database and deleted them. Then, I made a list of all the ID's I deleted, and now I just cross of each ID as I use it for a custom item and it works like a charm.

brydon10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait never mind, I just tried it. Basically what I did was took the first 50 ID's on that list, and found them in my database and deleted them. Then, I made a list of all the ID's I deleted, and now I just cross of each ID as I use it for a custom item and it works like a charm.
    So after you do that you can chose your display id of choice and it works? (just not entry number)?

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why delete them, why not just rename them? :P less effort
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Jackhamme's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the second way isn't working for me, do i add the entry ID as (E.G) 1311 on wow-v and download and add to DB? if so it didn't work for me

Wintchman11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can do DBC editing and release a custom MPQ Patch like most of the servers have done and make the weapons work entirely from scratch without erasing existing weapons...

Proxes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Wintchman11 View Post
    Or you can do DBC editing and release a custom MPQ Patch like most of the servers have done and make the weapons work entirely from scratch without erasing existing weapons...
    With the second way their is no deleting existing weapons.
    And the ways I put up where to easy ways for people who don't know how to do DBC editing.

Jackhamme's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw +Rep really good TuT

Grif's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried wow-v actually and that works wonders, but im useing PryDev Ultracore, and i don't think they are compatibile with Wow-v. As they have a core for them self. If anyone has the idea how to add Costum NPCs in PryDev Ultracore, id +Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast