0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get your Server+Website Live!

Hello everyone, today I'm going to show you how to get your server Live, and I will also show you how you can host your own Server+Website live.

First off I want to post what programs you will need in order for this guide to work, and for everything to run correctly.
    1.Xampp-http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
    2.Navicat, or some type of database editor(google)
    3.You will need to know your own Ip-http://www.whatismyip.com/
    4.Port forwarding Help-->http://portforward.com/

PORTS!

Ok let's get started, first off we want to download all the programs listed above, and write down any information that we need. Also, you need to forward the ports listed above.Now, we are going to start with the Server part. What you want to do first is go into the Config files of your server, Your going to want to change-->
    Code:
    to what ever your ip address is, please make sure you have done this for all your config files. Now we want to go into Xampp, please open up your browser(internet) and type in Localhost, you will get a screen that says PHPmyadmin, we want to go to privileges, a new screen will pop up, and it will have all your MySQL users on it, want to add a new user, so click Add User. Now, it will ask your user name, put anything in, just remember it's caps sensitive, so please make sure you remember! Next it will ask your host, your going to want to put your Ip in here.Next is your pass, put whatever in there but as I stated above, it's caps sensitive, so please keep that in mind.It will ask you to re-type your pass , do so. Now skip the last box called (generate pass). Now we see a forum called "database for user", just leave this alone.Now we scroll down a little and see "Global privileges" we want to click the blue letters that say, "CHECK ALL" now go down and click go.Your done with this part Congratz =]

So now that we got that out of the way, we need to go back to the config files, and swap out your user , and pass for your MySQL, for the User and pass you just created in PHPmyadmin. Click save and your good to go.Now go to your Navicat or what ever you use, and go to Realmd, or logon, or where ever your Realmlist is located, go in and change 127.0.0.1 to your ip. Now your server can be reachable by anyone! If you want your ip to be safe and secure, your may want to go to myDyndns.com, Here you can create an account and use their service to Mask your Ip, you can user things like, "MyServer.game-host.org" and really, all it would be, is your Ip address.

Ok, now for the website part, now that we did the hard part , and configured everything. All the ports are open, the PHPmyadmin is done, and we are ready for the easy stuff.So now we want to find a website, I would suggest Ac-web, their release section/website. They have a lot of great starter websites that are really easy to figure out and such. Once you have downloaded the website , name it htdocs . Now before we place it in Xampp, remove the folder names htdocs and place it somewhere safe where you will remember. Now place the website you just downloaded into Xampp, and exit.To configure the files of your website, make sure you get that information from whomever you downloaded it.

CREDITS---> Me(RazorwolfGaming)
    Last edited by razorwolf49; 12-17-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added Link

How to get your Server+Website Live!
    Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) alot of people use routers, so include port forwarding
    2) it is against most isp ToS to operate a server, so check that before you do this or your net may get shut off.

razorwolf49's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Blink, Yes I know. But I mean let's face it.. How many guides on this site are against 1 or more ToS ? By going on Mmowned, people know the Risks that are taking, and by looking into "How to run a Private server", that right there is a risk in itself. But thanks for the comment.

@ Lost, Yes I know there has been a few guides on this, but none quite state everything, so I wanted to make sure everything was touched on, and I covered all the basic areas where most people mess up.

Dormex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how can i make my private server run on my host from ipage.com?