Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to installing Mysql, I literally followed every step, to the letter.

Twice.

When it runs the configuration thing, after you press execute, the first time my install hung at Write Configuration File.

Had to close it and restart the install after waiting a half an hour.

The second time it got past that instantly, and got an error at Start Service.

"Could not start the service MySQL. Error:0"

Any ideas?

edit: Oh.. I can just use Navicat instead of MySQL?

edit2: Guess I can't use Navicat? I'm up to the part where you connect to the DB and start creating folders, but when I try to connect to the DB in Navicat it won't connect.
    Last edited by tbdcarakias; 12-22-2009 at 08:17 PM.

{SuperGuide} Create,Compile,Configure,MaNGOS + UDB + Scriptdev2(IMAGES)
    jhartleytx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to get this started but everytime I run the mangosd.exe I get the following dbc errors. I've tried to patch up and down and still not able to get the server started. I've pasted the error message from the Server log below.....

Some required *.dbc files (4 from 81) not found or not compatible:
    ./dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 31 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

Any help would be appreciated.

09SMalone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jhartleytx View Post
    I've been trying to get this started but everytime I run the mangosd.exe I get the following dbc errors. I've tried to patch up and down and still not able to get the server started. I've pasted the error message from the Server log below.....

./dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 31 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

Same here. I think it has something to do with the mangos db version, but i'm not entirely sure.

Cripto's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will this work for 3.3.0a?

Aka Milation

Xees's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tbdcarakias View Post
    edit2: Guess I can't use Navicat? I'm up to the part where you connect to the DB and start creating folders, but when I try to connect to the DB in Navicat it won't connect.
    make sure the settings for your conf files are correct.
    and make sure that the settings for navicat is also correct as shows in Sqlyog above

host name , port , etc..

Originally Posted by jhartleytx View Post

its possible that the ad extractor you have is for the wrong version , so when you run the server it tells you , that you have hte wrong dbc files for this version of mangos

Originally Posted by Cripto View Post
    will this work for 3.3.0a?
    This was Tested on 3.2.2a and 3.3.0

Works Perfectly

tbdcarakias's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a new computer over the holidays and am trying to do this... Failing miserably.

I promise you, i'm following every step down to the letter. EXACTLY as you put it here.

When I get to the part where I tell it to build solution it NEVER finishes with 0 errors. I've tried having my MaNGOS folder on my desktop, on my C: drive, etc... just can't seem to work for me.

I just keep getting errors! Ugh.

Here's two examples of the error(s) I'm getting.

Code:
    Build Log

Build started: Project: tbb, Configuration: Release|Win32

Command Lines

tbb : warning PRJ0041 : Cannot find missing dependency 'winresrc.h' for file 'tbb_resource.rc'.  Your project may still build, but may continue to appear out of date until this file is found.

tbb : warning PRJ0041 : Cannot find missing dependency 'winuser.h' for file 'tbb_resource.rc'.  Your project may still build, but may continue to appear out of date until this file is found.

tbb : warning PRJ0041 : Cannot find missing dependency 'stdint.h' for file 'tbb_resource.rc'.  Your project may still build, but may continue to appear out of date until this file is found.

tbb : warning PRJ0041 : Cannot find missing dependency 'tbb_config_lrb.h' for file 'tbb_resource.rc'.  Your project may still build, but may continue to appear out of date until this file is found.

Creating temporary file "c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\tbb__Win32_Release\BAT00000316721088.bat" with contents
    [
    @echo off

ml.exe /c  /nologo /Fo".\tbb__Win32_Release\lock_byte.obj" /W3 /Zi /errorReport:prompt  /Ta"..\..\dep\tbb\src\tbb\ia32-masm\lock_byte.asm"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

exit 1

:VCEnd
    ]
    Creating command line "c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\tbb__Win32_Release\BAT00000316721088.bat"
    Creating temporary file "c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\tbb__Win32_Release\BAT00000416721088.bat" with contents
    [
    @echo off

ml.exe /c  /nologo /Fo".\tbb__Win32_Release\atomic_support.obj" /W3 /Zi /errorReport:prompt  /Ta"..\..\dep\tbb\src\tbb\ia32-masm\atomic_support.asm"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

exit 1

:VCEnd
    ]
    Creating command line "c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\tbb__Win32_Release\BAT00000416721088.bat"

Output Window

Assembling...
    'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\tbb__Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    tbb - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    Code:
    10>------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
    11>------ Build started: Project: realmd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
    10>Compiling...
    11>Compiling...
    10>pchdef.cpp
    11>WheatyExceptionReport.cpp
    11>RealmList.cpp
    11>Main.cpp
    10>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    11>AuthSocket.cpp
    10>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\game__Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    10>game - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    11>..\..\src\shared\WheatyExceptionReport.cpp(10) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
    11>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    11>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    11>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\realmd__Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    11>realmd - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    12>------ Build started: Project: mangosd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
    12>Compiling...
    12>WorldRunnable.cpp
    12>WheatyExceptionReport.cpp
    12>RASocket.cpp
    12>Master.cpp
    12>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    12>..\..\src\shared\WheatyExceptionReport.cpp(10) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
    12>Main.cpp
    12>CliRunnable.cpp
    12>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    12>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\mangosd__Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    12>mangosd - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    13>------ Build started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
    13>Compiling...
    13>sc_defines.cpp
    13>sc_default.cpp
    13>system.cpp
    13>ScriptMgr.cpp
    13>..\..\src\bindings\universal\system.cpp(20) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
    13>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    13>c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(441) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
    13>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Michael\Desktop\MaNGOS\src\win\VC80\script__Win32_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    13>script - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 2 succeeded, 11 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    Seems to all be stemming from the same missing file/directory.

NOTE: This worked for me on xp on my old PC, but on Vista I can't get it to work. And I *am* using 2005 Visual Basic.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tbdcarakias View Post

'winsock2.h': No such file or directory

'windows.h': No such file or directory

Seems to all be stemming from the same missing file/directory.
    My Friend , Please Install a Platform SDK

Download and Install From here :
    inside this directory is the root for all your error's

Filebeam - Beam up that File Scottie!

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include

it appears you don't have windows.h or any of the files that are required to run it
    Doooooo+Repoooooooo+Repoooooood

tbdcarakias's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the link you provided me for xp?

Installation just hung when it finished, had to restart my PC. Did a bit of searching and found a link off micros0fts page for SDK for vista, installing now.

Hope it works

edit: Nope. Still getting the same errors after installing SDK. Was I supposed to install it somewhere other than its default directory or anything??

edit 2: After MUCH, MUCH, MUCH tinkering, I got it to work with 0 errors.

Apparently SDK comes with all versions of 2005 VB except the one you were linking. After uninstalling the SDK I'd installed, the VB and all updates, then installing a fresh VB 2005 Pro, installing updates for that, and building the solution, it worked!

now... on to the next step.
    Last edited by tbdcarakias; 12-30-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Absolute Zero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this guide is epic, first time ive used mangos and i had no problems, definately recommend you use this guide if you want to learn to setup mangos, amazing, +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you

rulebreaker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good guide, unless someone is just braindead there is no way for them not to be able to successfully compile and setup a Mangos Server.

Once again excellent post and thank you.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much xD +rep

samoel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi everyone, what i need to do ?, when i starting mangosd.exe i getting this error 2010-01-06 23:03:28 SQL: SELECT required_9095_01_mangos_command FROM db_version LIMIT 1
    2010-01-06 23:03:28 query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9095_01_mangos_command' in 'field list'
    2010-01-06 23:03:28 Table `db_version` have field `required_8993_01_mangos_spell_proc_event` but expected `required_9095_01_mangos_command`! Not all sql updates applied?
    And server didnt starts .Please help

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by samoel View Post
    hi everyone, what i need to do ?, when i starting mangosd.exe i getting this error 2010-01-06 23:03:28 SQL: SELECT required_9095_01_mangos_command FROM db_version LIMIT 1
    2010-01-06 23:03:28 query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9095_01_mangos_command' in 'field list'
    2010-01-06 23:03:28 Table `db_version` have field `required_8993_01_mangos_spell_proc_event` but expected `required_9095_01_mangos_command`! Not all sql updates applied?
    And server didnt starts .Please help
    You Did not Follow Every Step in this Guide.

Originally Posted by samoel View Post
    Not all sql updates applied?
    Means You Did Not restore From Sql dump for All Updates that i have mentioned before

go To your sql\updates folder and find the file

9095_01_mangos_command

and start restoring from there
    if you happend to get an error while restoring just keep restoring in a number order

do not miss any sql file except the ones that are giving u an error on restore

samoel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i trying dump from 9095_01_mangos_command
    i getting error when dumping in sql, can u write to me in skype? muy skype karpiszz

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast