0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macro and Mangos- A Command Guide

Introducing
    A CrEaTiVe ArTZ Guide

A guide into the fun world of Macros and Mangos commands.

M&M's Mangos and Macros

Did you ever wish that Mangos was easier to handle?

Ever find yourself wondering what can be done to keep the earth from falling apart and your devoted subjects trembling in fear whenever you approach?

Then look no further! This guide is an extensive look into using Macros and Mangos commands to make your experience more enjoyable.

Before we begin, ensure that you are indeed an administrator on your server or a GM. You will NOT be able to use these if you do not have a GM or Admin account.

Let's begin with some simple macros and work our way up to getting to the more difficult and mysterious.

Ever wished it was easier to delete those NPC's that you, *ehem* I mean other people, spawned randomly across all the lands of Azeroth? There's a quick way to do it without having to click on each individual creature.

NPC Massive Delete
    Steps:
    1. Make a macro
    2. Name it whatever you want. May I suggest the above?
    3. Type in the following lines:
    /target NPCNAMEHERE
    .npc delete
    4. Save and move to an accessible place.

Now this macro seems relatively simple, but you'd be surprised as to how many people would never think of such an idea.

Let's move to some harder stuff.

Now I know, all you hardcore Mangos fans are sitting out there, thinking about what a rediculous chore it is to delete all those stupid objects that you just don't want there anymore. Benches and Chair, they're all strewn across your once clean lakes and rivers. But it's sooooo tedious to select each one, observe it's Guid and then type .gob delete Guid#... So here's something much, much better for you. Here's where it gets complicated.

Massive Object Deletion
    Steps:
    1. Make a macro
    2. Name it whatever you want.
    3. Type .gob t (outside the actual macro.)
    4. Observe the Guid ID # of what appears to be the first object in the spawn. If the objects in question were cage bases
    used to create chairs, then the first object most likely spawned would be the cage base closest to the ground if it were ascending.
    5. Open up your macro again.
    6. Type the following lines:
    /script i=i+1
    /script SendChatMessage(".gob del "..i)
    7. Close and save the macro and move it to an accessible spot.
    8. Type, in chat, /script i=STARTINGGUID#HERE
    9. Spam your macro.

This works merely in the fact that most players will spawn consequtively, that is, they will spawn multiple objects in a similar time frame. This makes the objects have Guid ID #'s in procession.

Now say you weren't sure where this trail of misfortune begins, and where it ends. The command .gob near will help. When you type this in, all objects within 10 yards will automatically be generated. The one closest to you, is the one that is produced first. If you see that the Guid ID's are increasing from that first number onwards, it means that this is indeed where the trail starts, or it's close to it. If not, move around a bit and look for the increasing pattern in the Guid ID #'s.

If the Guid breaks, that is that the objects are no longer consecutive, move to the next strain an execute another .gob target . Use this id in the script again. So type /script i=NEWGUID#HERE again. And spam the macro once more. There is not need to ever change the original Macro.

Now we move on to the most fun macro, in my own humble opinion.

How many times have you found yourself looking on wowhead for display IDs but can never seem to find the right one. Or you can't remember the npc's name? Found this happening to you? It causes a lot of frustration, but there's a simple and perhaps fun, way of finding unknown and even unseen wow display IDs.

Morphing Code
    Steps:
    1. Make a macro
    /script i=i+1
    /script SendChatMessage(".mod mor "..i)
    /script SendChatMessage(" "..i,"WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))
    4. Close and save the macro and move it to an accessible spot.
    5. Type /script i=0
    6. Target yourself.
    7. Click the macro

What this macro does is go 1 by 1 through the display ID, starting at the number 1 of all wow display IDs. Provided you are selected, the macro will make you whisper yourself, giving you the current display ID that your character is using. Be advised, if your character is not selected, you will morph but you will not receive the display ID.

Another fun thing you can do with this is circulate between a few selected IDs. I, for one, enjoy morphing into the various druid forms. If you want to start at a certain known display #, simply type /script i=(KNOWNDISPLAYIDHER-1). Then circulate through the chain displays. For anyone wondering, the displays for druids start at 29405.

Now what happens if you miss a display by circulating too darn fast? That's easy to fix! Make a new macro and fill in the following lines:
    /script i=i-1
    /script SendChatMessage(".mod mor "..i)
    /script SendChatMessage(" "..i,"WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))

This will take your displays in the opposite direction, subtracting ID's until you reach the one you were looking for.

Ah, and finally my last macro before moving on to fun macro commands.

Ever found yourself looking for a certain emote but don't have the time to search every single one by typing in tedious command after tedious command? Then this Macro is for those who like to give their NPC's a little more life!

Emote Code
    Steps:
    1. Make a macro
    /script i=i+1
    /script SendChatMessage(".npc pl "..i)
    /script SendChatMessage(" "..i,"WHISPER",nil,UnitName("YOURNAMEHERE"))
    ^(This line above is optional BTW, it's if you want the emote ID)
    4. Target the NPC.
    5. Type /script i=0
    6. Click your Macro

You'll be amazed to see how different NPCs produce different looking emotes for the same value. A Moonkin's dance is far different from that of a tiger. Experiment, have fun.

I'm sure by now that you noticed that the structure for these macros is relatively the same, but they cover a wide variety of functions. Try making your own. Let me know what cool things you've discovered by using this general outline.

I'm going to reserve my next Guide to another day as it will be plenty longer than this one and it's topic will vary greatly.

SNEEK PEAK

NEXT TIME...

*Giving yourself any creature as a mount.
    *Making your own minipet in game.
    *Modifying your level past 255.
    *Modifying your Guid.
    *Copying your character.

All this... IN GAME!

Macro and Mangos- A Command Guide
    BuloZB's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/4
    Trade Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ty for macro guide

09SMalone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem! I'm glad you like it!

Xees's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate , pretty useful information .+Rep
    Doooooo+Repoooooooo+Repoooooood

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some quite useful macros to be used in emulation, even if some are common sense. I like how you have ones that auto increase by 1 displayid each time but personly I've always found it easier to just do:
    Code:
    .mod displayid 1 (number we start at)
    enter (2 times, send message and open new message)
    ctrl p (this brings up last message)
    backspace (deletes a number)
    2 (we go up a number)
    enter (repeat)
    A macro would go faster but I can never be bothered to make one. +Rep for the contributation.

09SMalone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much guys! I can't wait for you to read my next guide. In fact I think I'm going to make it right this minute lol. Glad it helped a bit. I have my own GM Server (ya laugh) and sometimes spawning gets downright annoying lol. I came up with these when I was checking out the script commands on the wow website. Ah, the beauty of taking computer programming in college :P