Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Tut] How to make custom items, And add them to the DB!

Hey guys, I have had a lot of people try to apply for GM on my server claiming they know much, Most of the time its untrue and aside from C++ and LUA they dont know how to make a custom item and secondly how to dd it to the DB. So I thought after a while to take the time to make a guide on how to make and add custom items!

Thanks for reading!

I: Creating an account In this step we will go to a website called WoW-V at this website you have the option to create several things Weps, Armor, Jewelery, Potions, Mounts etc. you get the point. But the only way to be able to do those things is to register..

After you're done registering you have a menu of options should look something like this right here:

Click on the option Create:

You should get a menu that looks similar to this:

Click weapon:

The menu should look like this:

III: Creating the item(s) This is the part of the tut you need to listen to. After the quote and the name of the item you have 2 boxes called display id and entry id. For the entry id you need to enter something valid that the game will pick up nothing like 999999999999 enter something like 100345 and see if that's suitable. Now the display id isn't like that the display id is what you use to make the weapon look like. For instance we will make ours look like Ashbringer. But wait, i don't know the display id to ashbringer so we simply click the button DISPLAY ID.

When you click display ID you should get a menu like this:

you have 2 options: 1 enter the game entry id (difficult) or enter the name (Easy) So simply enter the name of the item you want your weapon to look like for the sake of tutorial i said we were using ashbringer so if you type that you should get a list of items should look like this.

Now all you need to do is enter the one on the top into the display id and voila you have the ashbringer display id! The rest until the stats is pretty self explanatory so do that on your own get to the stats and make your item up to there and then continue on with the tut.

II:Finding Proper display and entry ID's

At this point you should be a t a part like this.

all you really need to do is enter all of the stats to your item and after its done it should look similar to this item.

Pretty self explanatory so finish up the item by adding a socket or possibly some LUA stuff that I'm not going to get in to if you already know what to do here.

IV: Downloading the proper DB sql Query

You have just finished your item and now its time to download the item and put it into our DB. But wait you have several options. But if your are a complete retard (jokes no need to take seriously) you dont know what DB or version your using so you are mind blank here. You have several options here the menu should look similar to this.

For the most part you are using ArcEmu so click whichever one it is and hit download. Simple enough!

V: Adding to the DB![/CENTER]

OK we've gotten to the final stem and we're almost done so this is the in my opinion easiest part in the tut so pay attention and were done!.

You will need to download something called navicat. the website is here Navicat Oracle, MySQL Admin Tool - the World's Best Oracle Manager, MySQL GUI & PostgreSQL GUI for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X - Download Now! Support Access to MySQL, Excel to MySQL, MySQL editor, MySQL administrator, MySQL frontend, MySQL manager, ph download the free version and make sure you know the mysql info first!.

Now you have navicat downloaded do the installation which is self explanatory and when your done get back to the tut for the last part.

if you cant read the writings open your world or mangos databases and right click you should find an option called console.

Now for the final part.

Open the console and go back to your item you downloaded. Open up the item ctrl+a to select all of the shit and ctrl + c to copy the sql.

GO into the console and paste all of the stuff you selected. should look like this:

thats all you've successfully completed an item and adding it to your DB give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

P.S I took a lot of time out of my day to make this so if you enjoyed it please say thanks or just say it helped. :P lwal Hope you like it .

Credits :

L0st
    Wow-v
    navicat
    mysql
    and arcemu
    wait mmowned.

Good Luck!

[Tut] How to make custom items, And add them to the DB!
    Bunster's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post but tbf didnt really have to go through WoW Vendetta lol i think it explains itself :P and you gotta remember not to go crazy with stats cos it bugs

Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to explain that lawl and I have had people be clueless on what to do at wow-v so i said ehh.

sadgonewild's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any ideas on how to fix the ? icon for cust items.
    Sun++ Developer

M4ster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... wow-v is really old and this is only a guide how to use it...

would be nice if you make a Guide how to make a item without wow-v

tkalmbach's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes pls

tkalmbach's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a good idea :P

caeon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a currency made But what if i want to add it to a vendor so Things that vendor sells cost that currency?

lanman92's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not hard to make items without wow-v. Just use navicat and insert a new record. put a unique entry and find a display id from dbcs or some other source. Doing it this way, you can add very cool procs on your attacks.

btw, why not use execute batch file? instead of copy+pasting it into console?