Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Quests: Arc-Emu

I know there's a lot of posts for these out there, Might as well make it +1

So, Lets Start off, Go into your Database, I use Navicat, I'm pretty sure Heidi will work aswell.

Go into the "Quests" table, and open it up, go to the last page and make a new record by clicking the + button and lets get started.

Entry ID- This is what you'll use to spawn your quest
    ZoneID- What zone is your quest in? You can leave this blank if needed
    Sort - I usually leave this blank
    Flags - I usually leave this blank too
    MinLevel - This is the minimum level a person must be to do the quest
    Quest Level - Say you put the minimum level as 70, put the quest level as 70 and the quest giver will have the yellow question mark above his head
    Type - 0 : Regular
    1 : Elite
    21 : Life
    41 : PvP
    62 : Raid
    81 : Dungeon
    82 : World Event
    Self Explanatory.
    Required Races: What Races can do your quests? Bloodelf ETC.
    1 - Human
    2 - Orc
    4 - Dwarf
    8 - NightElf
    16 - Undead
    32 - Tauren
    64 - Gnome
    128 - Troll
    512 - BloodElf
    1024 - Dranei
    690 - All the Hordes Races
    1101 - All the Alliance Races
    Blank for every race
    Required Class: What class can do your quests, Tbh, I don't know any ids ^^
    Lets skip over to Required Rep Faction: In order to get the id of this search the faction on thottbot and look up at the top for the ID, In your URL.
    Required Rep Value: How much rep is needed in order to start the quest?
    LimitTime: How much time do you have to complete the quest before it is failed?
    PrevQuestID: Put the ID of the previous quest you need to complete in order to receive this one
    NextQuestId: The Id you put of the next quest you get after you complete this quest.
    SrcItem: The item you get upon accepting the quest
    SrcItemCount: The amount of the item you get upon accepting the quest.
    Title: The Title of the Quest
    Details: What information will you give the player?, Etc a description
    Objective: Comes up under quest text, It's basically summarizing the quest for the player.
    Completion Text - What the NPC says to the player when the CompleteQuest button is clickable
    Incomplete Text - Basically when you right click the npc when your not done the quest, He says this, For Example if your quest is to collect dust, your incomplete text can be - Have you collected the dust yet?
    EndText - What comes up above your objectives while your doing the quest?
    ObjectiveText - 1-4, This is basically the objectives, for example dust, it can be Dust Collected for objective one and you leave the other objectives blank, but you cannot leave them blank so you must go into the box and click backspace in order to have no objective.
    ReqItemID 1-4, The Required Item in order to complete the quest, Put the ID in this one.
    ReqItemCount 1-4 , The amount of the item that is needed, Must correspond with the ID. So if you put the ID in reqItemID 1, You must put the count in Reqitemcount 1.
    ReqKillmoborGoID 1-4- This is basically coressponding with the objectives, say your objective one was to slay robots, you would put ReqkillormobgoID1 as the Robots ID.
    ReqKillMoborGoCount 1-4 - This corresponds with the objectives and the ID, if you put the objective one as kill robots, and the ID as the robots in the ReqkillormobgoID1, then you would put how many robots to kill in ReqkillmoborgoCount1.
    ReqCastSpellID 1- 4, What spells do you need to cast in order to complete th e quest?
    RewItemChoiceID 1-6, This is basically, if you have more than 2 items you put it as a choice, so as number 1 you put an id, as number 2 you put a different id, the items id of course. So if you filled up all 6, Your player would get to choose between 6 different items
    RewItemChoiceCount 1-6, How many of that item does the player receive?
    RewItemID 1-4, This is the item he WILL receive no matter what upon completion of the quest, put the ID of the item in these boxes
    RewItemCount 1-4, How many of that particular item will the player receive?
    RewRepFaction 1-6, This is where you put the ID of the reputation you receive, I stated above how to find reputation IDs
    RewRepValue 1-6, How much reputation of that area will the player receive?
    Let me give you an example
    If you put 1637 as the RewRepFaction number 1,
    and you put 10000 as RewRepValue then upon completion of the quest, the player will receive 10,000 reputation with orgrimmar.
    RewRepLimit: Keep this blank, as all of blizzards quests have that too
    RewMoney - How much money will the player receive upon complete of the quest
    Note: 900000 is 90g ETC...
    RewXP - How much EXP will the player receive upon completeion of the quest
    RewSpell - What spell does the player receive upon completion of the quest, for example the paladins quest line in retail, you receive Redemption
    PointMapID - I really don't know how these work xD
    Point X - I really don't know how these work xD
    Point Y - I really don't know how these work xD
    PointOpt - I really don't know how these work xD
    RewardMoneyAtMaxLevel - If a person who is level 80 does this quest ... How much gold will they receive, Note: RewMoney, Is for anyon from 70-79, However, If the level 70-79 person receives 90g, You can make the RewMoneyatMaxLevel be like 100g. Or you can leave it blank and just make everyone receive the same amount of money.
    ExploreTrigger 1-4, The places you must have explored before you are able to complete/accept the quest.
    ReqOneofQuest - Leave that 0
    ReqQuest 1-4, Which quests must you have completed before you can complete this quest?
    ReceiveItemID 1-4, Same thing as way above, the Item that the player will receive
    ReceiveItemCount 1-4, The amount of the item the player will receive.
    IsRepetable - 0, Not Repetable, 1 Repetable, 2 Daily
    BonusHonor: How much honor does the player receive upon completion?
    RewardTitleID - The Id of the title you receive upon completeion of the quest.
    RewardTalents - How many talents do you receive upon completeion of the quest?
    Suggested Players - How many players are needed/Suggested to complete the quest
    DetailEmoteCount: No clue what this is either
    DetailEmote 1-4, Don't really know what this is ^^
    I usually just skip all the emote things ^^

Moving on,
    So, Now you want your quest giver to have the quest
    BEFORE GOING INTO CREATURE_FINISHER/STARTER YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR NPC HAS THE FLAGS OF "2" Which is Quests
    Okay, Lets put this baby into use.
    Open up Creature_Quest_Starter - And put in the ID of the NPC in the first box, and the ID of the quest in the second box
    Now lets Open up Creature_quest_Finisher - Same thing, ID of the NPC you want the person to go to, if this is a deliver quest, or if you want the person to come back to the same npc put the same id as you did in starter, and once again put the questid in the quest box.

This is all .. I guess ... Hope you liked it

-- -- -- Warriar

Making Quests: Arc-Emu
    slade1000's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Job +rep

Warriar's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks slade ^^

Skreem's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post +rep

foamysquirl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I suggest a font easier to read, however! +Rep

Edit: I also think you should find out about the things you "dont know about" to form a more completed guide.
    You mean you'll answer ALL of my butterfly questions????

Warriar's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah .. I've been real busy makin quests all day xD I'll try to figure that out tomorrow or something