0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Install NCDB

How to Install NCDB
    By Vindicated

This is a guide on installing Next Chapter Database, better known as NCDB. Many users do not know how to use their web installer, so I plan to teach you how to use it. This guide uses alot of text, and assumes you have a decent understanding of English. Just focus on one sentence at a time, and this guide will come at ease to you. Also, a video is to come this weekend /cheer!

Prerequisites:
    TortoiseSVN -
    TortoiseSVN downloads | TortoiseSVN
    MySQL 5.0/5.1 - MySQL :: MySQL Downloads
    Navicat - Navicat - Download the World's Best Oracle Manager, MySQL Front End & PostgreSQL GUI for Windows, Linux & Mac OS X - Download Now! Support Access to MySQL, Excel to MySQL, MySQL editor, MySQL administrator, MySQL frontend, MySQL manager, phpmyadmin, (Download NavicatLite)
    WAMP* - Install PHP 5 Apache MySQL on Windows : WampServer
    WinRAR -WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
    Account made at: Next Chapter Community

*You may use a webserver of your choice, however, this guide uses WAMP to explain installation.

I. What is Next Chapter Database?
    Next Chapter Database was created by Walla and is still mantained by him. NCDB currently offers support for ArcEmu, Ascent, AspireCore, Hearthstone, MaNGOS, Spurious, and WCell. That's basically any popular emulator that you can name. They use a universal structure and then use the web installer to convert that universal structure to the emulator of your choice, making it extremely efficient if your working with more than one emulator at a time.

II. "Checking out" the SVN
    First, to download the files nesicary to add to your database. Create a folder on your desktop called "NCDB SVN". Right click the folder and go down to "SVN Checkout..." and in the "Url of repository..." field enter in "
    Revision 47: /".

Click ok. The files should download. This may take anywhere from one minute to five (or more) depending on your download speed. When it is finished click ok.

III. Configuring the Required Databases
    First, open up Navicat Lite (I assume you have already installed it). **If you already have a connection setup, you can skip this paragraph**. You should see a button in the top-left hand corner called "Connection". Click this button. For the "Connection Name" field, enter in anything you would like. For the "Username" field, enter in your MySQL username (This will be root unless you changed it specificly). For the "Password" field, enter in your MySQL password. Click ok.

Double click the connection name on the right hand side. Right click it and choose "New database...". Name your database "ncdb" and hit ok. Repeat this process another time, but instead name it "destination".

Now, lets go back to our NCDB SVN folder. Open it up. Go into the "trunk/sql" and extract the "database.zip" file. Now right click the .bat file titled "win-install.bat" and choose Edit. The only line we will edit is the one that says "set pass" and enter in your MySQL password. Now doubleclick this file and hit the key "i" and then the return key. When its done hit any key, then hit "c" to install the changesets. When that is done exit out.

Last, right click the database named "destination" and choose "Execute batch file...". Browse to your NCDB SVN folder, then to the "trunk/web installer/sql" folder. Select the emulator of your choice (I will choose ArcEmu). And click ok. When it is done exit out of Navicat.

III. Setting up the Web Installer

Now that our databases are setup, we need to set up our web installer. Create a folder in your "www" folder of your WAMP installation directory called "NCDB". Copy the contents of the "trunk/web installer" folder to inside "WAMP/www". Now go into your "www/NCDB/include" folder and right click the file "config.inc" and click Edit. It should be setup like this:

Make sure you change the database name of the second grouping of configuration (to destination) and that you put in YOUR MySQL password for that area.

IV. Converting the Database
    Now we are to the part were we actually CONVERT the database. I know it's been fun so far, but we're almost there. Go back to your main WAMP folder and start up WAMP (If on Vista, run it as Admin). An icon will apear in the system tray (near your clock). Click the icon and click "Put Online".

Now open up Firefox or Internet Explorer and in the address bar type 127.0.0.1 and then hit the return key. The WAMP homepage comes up, under the "Your Projects" heading, click NCDB. Now click on the appropriate picture. The first is Spurious. The second is all Ascent branches, this includes ArcEmu. The third is MaNGOS. I will click the OpenAscent picture. Now a dropdown box appears. Select the emulator you wish to convert NCDB to. The click "Start converting".**

**Note - If you are getting warnings go to the folder "WAMP/bin/PHP/PHP" and open up php.ini. Use CTRL H and enter in "error_reporting = E_ALL" and in the second field enter in "E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR". Then click ok, save, and exit. Repeat the process.

Congradulations! You have just successfully converted your database. There are some "bugs" with the ArcEmu one for now, so I'd only use it for MaNGOS. Remember, when you do this again you only have to extract the database.rar file and run win-install.bat to update; unless major structrue changes are made.

Any questions should be posted in addition to this thread. If you send me a PM regarding this, I will not reply. (Fills up inbox too quickly)

I will be adding a video soon this weekend.

If you have any questions or tips for my guide, just so say.

Thanks,
    Vindicated

How to Install NCDB
    Sounddead's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ballin

+repz if I can

I live in a shoe

kinez91's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ty man... +rep

alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work, keep it up.
    Death to all but Metal.

xpxd's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PLEAS EHLP I GOT ERROR

ASHEN TRAY MENU

could not execute menu item [internal error]
    [exeption] could not perform service action
    the service has not been started

HELP ME\\!!!

lopedawg99's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i try to install mysql (i have done it before) it doesnt work. i can only modify the settings and when i execute it, it says error when it says start service. "cannot create windows service for MySql. Error:0" plz help!

bgtoinvite91's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have folder named "web installer".please help

Vindicated's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NCDB is dead. This guide is pretty much useless.

Wheeze201's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but most databases are installed just like NCDB so.. it's not 100% useless.