0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Tip] Bypass an IP ban

Hey guys. This is a little trick for those of you who have gotten banned on a private server. If you have received an IP ban on your server, there are two options to get that ban revoked.

Option 1:

Now, this method does not work for me, but it may for some ISPs. Follow the steps below for this option.

1. Go to start -> run and type in "cmd.exe"
    2. In your command prompt, type "ipconfig /release"
    3. Then, after that command has executed, type "ipconifg /renew"

Now, if everything goes well, your ISP should assign you a new IP, and you will be able to log onto your account on your private server.

Now, in some cases(like mine) this does not work. If this is the case, refer to option 2.

Option 2

Ok, for this option, we are going to reset your router so that your ISP assigns you a new IP address. To reset your router, follow the instructions below:

1. Go to your router, and look in the back where your ports are.
    2. Look for a "reset" button. In some cases, you will have to get a thin screwdriver to poke in the reset button. Hold down the reset button for about 30sec. Your router should be reset.
    3. If your router DOES NOT have a reset button, simply pull the power chord out, wait about 10sec, then put it back in.

If you follow eaither option 1 or 2, you should have a new IP address, and you will be able to go on the private server that you were just banned from!

I hope you guys enjoy this guide. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them below or send me a PM!

"They must find it difficult. . . Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then truth as the authority." -Gerald Massey

[Tip] Bypass an IP ban
    Cloraphil's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option 1 wont work because it just renews your IP within your network (192.168.x.x or whatever your network is config'd to). Option 2 wont work if you if your ISP uses a static configuration which mine, Comcast, does do. Pretty much what you're doing is renewing your internal addresses, which won't change a thing. Not to mention if you reset your router, it resets your passwords to the default and wipes away all security (WEP, WPA, and the such), though unplugging it wont do anything.
    Last edited by Cloraphil; 08-12-2008 at 10:06 AM.

dragonowner's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea this wont change your static ip address just like Cloraphill said it will only change your internal ip address and delete everything wich is usually a pain in the *** to setup everything again

swmr1991's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cloraphil View Post
    Option 1 wont work because it just renews your IP within your network (192.168.x.x or whatever your network is config'd to). Option 2 wont work if you if your ISP uses a static configuration which mine, Comcast, does do. Pretty much what you're doing is renewing your internal addresses, which won't change a thing. Not to mention if you reset your router, it resets your passwords to the default and wipes away all security (WEP, WPA, and the such), though unplugging it wont do anything.

Option 1 will work if you arn't behind a router and connect directly to your isp.

hingxxwing's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ehh.. this was posted b4, but ok xD

xxredraven1992's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whoo , thanks

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option 2 would restore your router to its factory default which you do not want as you would need to re-config it.
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.