Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to make a working WOTLK server(Noob Friendly)

Ok well, ive been a leacher for a long time so i decided its time i contribute to this site at last.So here it is, my guide to make a workin WOTLKprivate server.

Things that u need :
    Wotlk alpha F&F updated with patch 8471(not gonna give link for that so use google)
    MySql wich can be dled here: MySQL :: Select a Mirror
    Navicat lite wich is found here: http://www.navicat.com/download.php?id=1
    And of course the repack : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Maps Extractor(for those that have problems with the one in the repack): MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Hamachi to make server public : https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp
    The enUS thing for those that cant understand how to edit it : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ok and now we are getting started.
    Step One: 1st of all install mysql and navicat.Its prefered u put both name and pass "Root" if u are new to this cuz then u wont need to modify the config files (cuz thats what they have as default).

Step Two : Extract the repack somewhere u find convenient.
    Open the main folder and then open the one named "contrib",then the one named "maps extractor".Copy the ad.exe and then go to the folder where your wotlk alpha is instaled and paste it there.In there create a new folder named "maps" and then run the ad.exe . Let it finish.Now copy the folder maps(that now contains the maps of the game in it) into your repack folder.

Step Three : Back to the repack folder now.Go to the folder named "contrib" again and look for the one named "mpqe".Copy its contents and then go to your WOTLK folder,then data folder then enGB folder(or enUS) and paste them there.(in case u are enUS i got an explanation of what u need to do at the bottom of this).
    Run the enGB.It will create a folder named DBC.Copy this folder into your repack folder.

Step Four :Ok back to our repack folder now.Once again open the folder named "contrib" then "DBT" then "custom". Those files in there are our database.Ok now that you have located them go to navicat make a new connection,name it mangos username and pass "root".Now we need to make 4 databases in that.Double click your new connection and then right click on it and select "new database".Name it "characters".Create 3 more databases and name them "mangos" , "realmd" and "scriptdev2"

Step Five : Ok dont wory we are almost done.Now right click the characters database and click on "execute batch file".Locate the database folder (the one i told u about some lines ago) and choose the characters database. Let it finish.
    Do same thing for the rest of databases selecting the file that has the same name
    with the database each time (like when in the characters database we executed the characters sql file).When u are done with this, go to your repack folder. Double
    click on "mangosd" and "realmd" and let them finish.Now if everythin was done right,u have a WOTLK private server running on your pc.Now u only need to go to your WOTLK alpha folder locate your realmlist.wtf open it with notepad and replace everythin in there with "set realmlist 127.0.0.1" . Now u can run the wotlk and play

Ok now a fast way to make it public: Download hamachi from the link provided above.Install it.Open it press power on and then press "create new network".Name it put a pass and ur done.Now change your realmlist to your hamachi ip.Now open up navicat,go to the "realmd" database, open it and look for a table named realmlist.Open it and look for the box that has "127.0.0.1" in it.Replace that with your hamachi ip.Now get your friends to DL hamachi and log into your network.Have them set their wow realmlist to your hamachi realmist and they can log into your server.Thats all (oh and dont forget to make accounts for them :P )

PS: like i said some lines above,about the MPQE thing,if u are enUS u only need to right click on the enGB file,press edit and wherever u see the word enGB replace it with enUS.So simple

PS2:Oh and remember this is my first guide so dont be too harsh.Also please excuse my english im greek u see ^_^ .

Post here any probs u might have and i'll do my best to help. :wave:
    Last edited by plokami; 07-05-2008 at 04:46 PM.

How to make a working WOTLK server(dk's workin)
    jobo80's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide, only thing I noticed in your repack was that in the scriptdev2 conf file you had the mysql pass as mangos instead of root like the rest, might screw some people up. Nice work. +Rep

Moffeman's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide, even if there are tons of those, +Rep

plokami's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx both for the rep and thanx for tellin me about the scriptdev2,gonna reupload a fixed one

Edit : ok i fixed it and added the new link
    Last edited by plokami; 06-26-2008 at 05:13 AM.

DarkLord15's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are any changes for those who use enUS?

dynamyte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Guide Nice and Simple. +karma for you

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I execute ad.exe it gets stuck at 43%... any tip?

plokami's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No darklord no changes for enUS.Just the MPQE thing and i explain how to change that.About the ad.exe i got no idea why it gets stuck....it always worked right for me....

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe its patch problems? I'm downloading the patches

I will try again later and I post the results

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it was patching problem... its better to write that in the post

+rep

plokami's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx for the rep and the info but i have already writen in the requirements that its need to have version 8471

dynamyte's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having a problem running the Mpqe thing. I put it in the right directory and after i run it it just closes i even tried running it as an administatator I am using Windows Vista Home premium.

jobo80's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fix your batch file dynamyte, to do so, right click select edit and everywhere you see enGB change it to enUS, assuming you are using the US client then make sure it is in the enUS folder in the data directory and run it.

Ltleontis54321's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ive been tryin to get ad.exe to work so i put it in WOTLK Alpha game folder and make maps folder and run ad.exe well it stays open for a split second then closes! Any help?

plokami's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that problem ocured to another person as well as u can see above.The problem might be that u havent patched to patch 8471 like i say in the requirements.Do so and u will be ok i think

Page 1 of 13 12345 ... LastLast