0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get the assistance you want from the thread you make

Simple common sense dictates that if we knew what you wanted from the name of the thread that we might be able to help you better.

Lots of folks here have many talents and most of them are willing to help, but few of them care to read each and every one of the *HELP* threads. Topics like *Help me* *GObject help* *Help [npc]* anything of that nature means people you can really get help from might not care to read it. People if you want this boards help give them the info they need to make it happen.

Some of these might help...

Screen shots

Code that doesn't work in the correct code display box

Code:
    "Like this "["code"]" *code here* "["/code"]" Just remove the quotes around the square brackets
    Writing in colors that are hard to read makes it that much harder to help, please try to stick to what the others are using.

Please be as specific as you can. Things like "This portal is broke can anyone help me!?!?!" and not adding what code you think is wrong or even the name of what is not working is truly unhelpful.

BE patient. Can't say that enough we all live in differing time zones, have jobs, go out for food / fun / chores / whatever.... Everyone that helps you has a life too, just try waiting they'll get to you. It takes time, while you are waiting take time to look for your answer in the forums (it might give you a feeling of things getting done. It always does for me).

If you get a response and it seems they missed the point of your post, add more detail. DO NOT complain that they are an idiot, more info means a better reply.

Add things like what type of server you are using (Mangos, Ascent or Open Ascent) and what revision you are working with.

What database
    you are using?

If this is an addon of someone else's where you got it and whose it is would be helpful.

Lastly fighting on a board is a fools combat do not engage in flame wars let those threads die it will help to keep your topic closer to the top of the pile.

I may have missed lots and I think the folks might read this and add to it, heck if you think you can help please feel free to do so. Remember we are in this together if you help me and I help you we might get more out of this.

Just my two coppers
    Joe

How to get the assistance you want from the thread you make