[Question] Is it posible for me to make all the items on the server cost anotehr item menu

User Tag List

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Question] Is it posible for me to make all the items on the server cost anotehr item

Hey so i was wonder - can i make a custom item, like a trade good, and then make that the only price of all the items n the server. So there would be events for there things, and if u get one, you can get any item on the server with it,

[Question] Is it posible for me to make all the items on the server cost anotehr item
    R4v0k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Falor View Post
    Hey so i was wonder - can i make a custom item, like a trade good, and then make that the only price of all the items n the server. So there would be events for there things, and if u get one, you can get any item on the server with it,
    Yes, I believe that if you make an item in the DB and make it require an item to purchase that should work..make the "Token" first and make the "Armor/Wep" cast it and it should work...tell me if it doesn't and I'll look into it.

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i get what i have to do, but how do make the armor/wepond cast it?

R4v0k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i get what i have to do, but how do make the armor/wepond cast it?
    What are you using to edit the DB?

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im using navicat

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i took all the money away because tehre would b no money, and then if i can get the itemextendedcost to be an id it can work

R4v0k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the items table and find the item u made and see if there is a "cost" column

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "the item i made" as in the thing i want to buy with the tokens, or the townes them selfs?

R4v0k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The item u made to buy using the tokens

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well theres itemextendedcost which i saw in another guild was used to make custom tokens, and i can do everything, but then idk how to make the creatures drop them because its using the itemextendedcosts

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well there also buy/sell price buts that money and then theres required skill player rank, and faction

Dee2001's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well theres itemextendedcost which i saw in another guild was used to make custom tokens, and i can do everything, but then idk how to make the creatures drop them because its using the itemextendedcosts

Ok alright do you have a monster in mind for the droping of your "token" , well the way to make the monster drop your token is to go to . "Creatureloot"(im suppousing you know most of this and you use navi-cat, sorry if your not)
    and put in the "index"- any random number, then you go over to the "Entry ID" - put the entry id of the creature you wish to make the creature drop, then move over to the next colum . the itemid that should be self explanitory , just stick the id of the "token" in this case there, then theres a percenchance - of it droping make it 1.0 for all the time droping, this also depends on your servers drop rate for that color of item,
    Then heroicpercentchance - the chance of it droping in a heroic instance, make ths normaly higher than the regular, but do as you wish also based off of your servers drop rate for that color of item,
    next is
    Min count, and max amount
    Make this what you want say you want just 1 to drop put 1 in both coloms
    say you want it to sometimes drop mabe 2.. put 1 in the min coloum and 2 in the max, and FFA loot is free for all loot, leave this at 0,

There you have it your monster drop, i did a thing on how to do this a while back this is the quick version, I HOPE I HELPED,

Falor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup so of course i know that, but thanks any way. What I was saying was that when i used some programs the link is here http://www.mmowned.com/forums/ascent...ent-coins.html

I was editing DBC files, but that didn't make an item id so it couldn't make it drop while I could make an item cost it.

The problem with making a custom token from items is that i cant make the item i want to cost this token actually cost it.

So if you could help me either way,, making a creature drop an ID from the DBC files, or making other items cost normal item IDs, that would be great

R4v0k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your using Ascent then get the AscentDbeditor..ill post link if you want. Then edit the pvp gear and change the WSG tokens or whatever then add the newly edited items to a vendor and it will cost the token...