0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2.3.3]Create your own MaNGOS Server! [No Repack]

Step by step guide of a typical MaNGOS installation on a Windows platform with screenshots included!
    This guides is for people who want to actually learn something other than click & run. No gay repack is used!

1. Getting MaNGOS Source
    You will need a SVN client in this case we'll be using TortoiseSVN, which can be downloaded Here.
    Once you installed it, make any folder anywhere and double click on it! Select "SVN Checkout" and copy paste the below link and click "OK".
    https://mangos.svn.sourceforge.net/s.../mangos/trunk/ - The sources will now be downloaded.

To update the sources you only have to click "SVN Update" and it will download all new or modified source files.

2. Compiling MaNGOS in to Executables
    To compile MaNGOS on Windows you will need to download Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition (C++), which can be found Here!
    After downloading and installing and whatnot, the time comes to actually import the project file from the downloaded source folder and finally compiling!
    Click the folder icon to open solution and navigate to your Folder/win/ and select /mangosdVC90.sln and open it! Now in Visual Studio change "debug" to "release" if necessary and hit "Build Solution".

If MaNGOS compiles successfully it should look like this:

Than everything is good, if otherwise make sure you did everything here and consult the FAE or ask on the forums.
    Now I assume you would need AI to your mobs/bosses/npc's, because it's very important to the game. ScriptDev2 is the answer! After MaNGOS successfully been compiled it's time to compile ScriptDev2.
    Make a new folder in Folder/src/bindings called "ScriptDev2", so it would look like Folder/src/bindings/ScriptDev2. Right click on it and select "SVN Checkout" same as before and copy paste the below link, after that hit "OK" so everything can be downloaded.
    https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.n...oot/scriptdev2
    Open Visual Studio if not opened and open the ScriptDev2 solution file, which can be found in Folder/src/bindings/ScriptDev2/scriptVC90.sln.
    Wait for it to finish then proceed to the next step.

3. Installing MaNGOS
    After successfully compiling MaNGOS it's time to get the spewed out executables and take it to the next level!
    The compiled binaries can be found in Folder/bin/release

Copy the .dll files and the .exe files to a new folder anywhere. Oh btw, you will be needing the .conf files too from Folder/src/mangosd(realmd)/mangosd.conf.in and realmd.conf.in, which you will have to rename to mangosd.conf and realmd.conf!

4. Extracting Maps and DBC (Vmaps not included)
    Maps
    The ad.exe can be found in the Folder/contrib/map_extractor/ad.exe, which you need to copy in the World of Warcraft folder. Create a folder called "maps" and hit the ad.exe.

At this point you will have to wait until it finishes. If errors out and says something along the lines of "patch-2.mpq" not found, than disregard it. It's only necessary when it's patch x.x.3 for example, in this case MaNGOS supports 2.3.0 and the patch-2.mpq is not included. Just copy the "maps" folder in the MaNGOS server root directory.
    DBC
    The dbc extractor can be found at the download section Here!
    Place it in World of Warcraft/Data/enGB(enUS)/ folder and hit the .cmd!
    It only takes a couple of moments! Take the folder that was automatically created to the server root directory and rename it to "dbc".

5. MySQL, SQLyog
    MySQL is needed to run a database for MaNGOS and SQLyog is the GUI (Graphical User Interface) to it.
    Both can be downloaded from Here!
    Install both like usual programs, however after MySQL installation finishes it asks for you to configure it. In the configuration wizard hit "next" on everything until you get to where it asks for you password. Write anything there (not too easy to guess) and remember it as you will need it in the future. Hit next and execute.

6. Creating and importing the databases
    There are mainly 2 databases; Unified Database, which is a SDB and MoDB merge and Project Silvermoon database, which is more leaned towards "funserver" style.
    We'll go with UDB this time. We offer UDB for download Here! After download finished and unarchived it's ready to be imported in the newly created database.
    Open SQLyog and write in the username field "root" and to the password the password you gave in the MySQL configuration wizard. If it connects ok, than create 3 databases: mangos, realmd and characters and.

Right click on the mangos database and select "Restore from SQL dump" and navigate than select the database you just downloaded and hit execute.
    Do the same with realmd database only the .sql file is the "sql" folder within the source folder". Select realmd.sql and execute it. Next to it's the characters.sql and execute that in the characters database.
    NOTE: As of ScriptDev2 Revision 220, it should be created in a separate database, thus now there are 4 databases: mangos, realmd, characters and scriptdev2.
    Right click on the scriptdev2 database and navigate to /sql/ directory. Find and execute create_tables.sql.

7. Updating the Database(s)
    Updating the database is very logical. You need to know what version was the full database you downloaded and executed supported. Let's say the newest full Database of UDB supports MaNGOS 4950 and ScriptDev2 213. You just compiled and updating the core with MaNGOS reivision 4960 and ScriptDev 215. The update brought along .sql updates to MaNGOS AND ScriptDev2. Check the SQL folder for newer databse strcture updates than the supported revision, which you checked. Execute them if more than one. NOTE: There aren't always updates.

8. Configuring MaNGOS and Launching
    Go to your MaNGOS server root directory and open with notepad mangos.conf and realmd.conf.
    mangos.conf
    Set DataDir = "."
    Here you change mangos;mangos to root;yourpassword. Everything else should be as is change if it is necessary and you know what your doing. As of newer revisions you must change the "Bind IP" to whatever you want it.

You do the exact same thing with realmd.conf.
    As of ScriptDev2 Revision 220 you will need to retrieve ScriptDev2.conf from the source directory and palce it in your server root folder. Change the values as shown above, it's the same thing! (NOTE: You must import the EventAI.sql in that database!)

And now your done! And it's time to run MaNGOS!

[2.3.3]Create your own MaNGOS Server! [No Repack]
    Iluox's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did You Know These Download Files is Corrupted.

Kidron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there. I'm new to all this crap about Private Servers and such, but shouldn't there be an explanation to how you connect to the server?
    The guide says "For those who actually wants to learn something", but I didn't understand anything about how you create an account on the server, nor did I understand how I should connect to it in general.
    Can anyone please explain to me, how you do this shizzle?

/regards
    Daniel

Ophie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kidron View Post
    Hello there. I'm new to all this crap about Private Servers and such, but shouldn't there be an explanation to how you connect to the server?
    The guide says "For those who actually wants to learn something", but I didn't understand anything about how you create an account on the server, nor did I understand how I should connect to it in general.
    Can anyone please explain to me, how you do this shizzle?

/regards
    Daniel
    In this guide I assume you know at least that.

Kidron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see there was no questions allowed. -.-
    Last edited by Kidron; 04-04-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Ecoman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thnx you ahve really helped

asahi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys want to learn more about the real mangos with being able to patch it and everything just go to MaNGOS community forums (Powered by Invision Power Board). Just don't tell them you're making a public server they don't like that.

lolthom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got the serverr running but not the NPC's can someone help me plz?

Ophie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolthom View Post
    Ive got the serverr running but not the NPC's can someone help me plz?
    UDB community forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)
    you need a full database.

Didn't see there was no questions allowed. -.-
    Of course it's allowed, however this guide only covers how to install the server.

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice post+Rep
    and to the others: My Mistakes:
    1. when you download the UDB pack from here you may need update UDB packs from here to make it working... this was one of my mistakes.
    2nd. do NOT compile MaNGOS and ScriptDev2 at the same time... because scriptdev2 overwrites the mangosscript.dll and if the updated dll will be overwritten then that is like that you made nothing with scriptdev.
    I hope i helped
    Last edited by visitor; 06-18-2008 at 07:30 AM.
    Hey I just met you

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but dont need the "[2.3.3]" in the title because if you update it it will be the latest rev.
    Hey I just met you

Mmorpwnage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you know these kinds of errors, I was installing Windows Visual 2008 C++.
    After I had ran the program to start the install, I got an error. The box told me to send it to Windows (but what would that help?) So I opened the report to see if you know the problem im having is.

The detailed report to be sent.
    C:\DOCUME~1\Timothy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLF9C.tmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Timothy\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLF9C.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\BITS.LOG

The report signature. (I think P=port)
    Event Type : visualstudio8setup P1 : 10860
    P2 : 9.0.21022.08_orcas_x86_net P3 : gen P4 : inst P5 : f
    P6 : dlmgr_download error P7 : 5010 P8 : 5010
    P9 : urlmonerror_download successf P10 : -

But if you cant fix it, Oh well. I've never had luck with making servers. Hope I could finally succesfully make one soon. (Yes, I do know the basics of the server past installiation)

Airai's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you suggest doing it this way or using a repack for a noob?