0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello all,
    would it be possible to have the repack with the last trinitycore release?
    or the trinitycore source git repository with autobalance and npcbots included?
    thank you

TrinityCore NPCBots Repack (Update 25-06-2020)
    skuly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to build it myself but NPCBot's hasn't been updated yet and trickerer said he is waiting on stability updates after movement system changes.

I'm pretty sure this Repack's Update 10 by zaicopx is the newest Trinitycore that works with NPCBots.
    Last edited by skuly; 06-16-2021 at 07:40 PM.

burgerguy45's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you install these scripts to the server?

Also, any help on how to make my own custom scripts? Like a teleporter to each instance or something?

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The scripts go into the servers lua_scripts folder and the SQL files get executed to the MySQL Database.

I use DBeaver to access the Database so I can show you how to work with that.

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by burgerguy45 View Post
    Any help on how to make my own custom scripts? Like a teleporter to each instance or something?

Well there are a lot of scripts out there already that you could try editing. That is how I learned, looking at scripts and trying to understand how things work. And if I need to learn new things I look up what I want on google for example Lua.org explains things pretty well and most lua google searches will point to a page from that site.

And Eluna has Eluna API Documentation that is needed for making scripts for the Eluna engine (which is what this repack uses).

With my Custom XP I had to figure out how to read and write to and from the database and the Eluna API site it explained it a little bit. I had to look at scripts I found on Github that used them and then figure out how to use them in my own script with a lot of trial and error. WorldDBQeury & WorldDBExecute

But that is a more complicated thing to learn so I'll start with something simple.

Things from this point on might be confusing so I'm sorry if I am not explaining this well or if I make mistakes, I am a novice myself and i've learned the little that I know from websites and playing around with LUA scripts and addons in games over the years.

Ok so lets say I wanted to charge a fee of 10 gold for something first I would define the gold fee. I know that Eluna only uses copper amounts so 10000 copper is 1 gold. I would make a local variable for gold. You can read about local variables but if you don't want to a variable is pretty much something we define that can be used later in the script and/or functions, you can place the variable at the top of the script to easily edit later and all functions have access to it or you could just create it inside a function and I believe basically only that function uses it. (I will get into functions later in the post)

Code:
    local gold = 10000 --1 gold is 10000
    "--" is for making comments, If you put it in front of something it becomes a note/comment to anyone reading the script. In some text editors that note shows in the color green. A great editor people use to make and edit scripts is Notepad++ I recommend you download it if you haven't.

Ok so then I make a variable for the fee.
    Code:
    local fee = 10
    So then we could use gold*cost and that would be 1gold x 10
    Code:
    local goldfee = gold*cost
    So now we have a gold fee to use.

So lets find out how much money the player has so if we try to take 10 gold from them we can make sure they will actually have 10 gold to cover it. And if they don't we can send them a message that they don't have enough to pay the fee.

On the Eluna API website it explains that GetCoinage() returns a players amount of money in copper and remember 10000 copper is 1 gold

Code:
    local money = player:GetCoinage()
    That will be a players current amount of copper/gold but keep in mind it has to be used inside the function because if you put it at the top of the script player has not yet been defined because it gets sent to the function from the registered event so the world server will tell you player is nil and probably break the script. The other 3 are variables we can set and put at the top or in our function but player is sent to the function from the game/server via the events we register.

So now once we understand if then else we can make a statement to use in a function which I have yet to explain so I'll do that now, You can read about Functions but basically they are the container that holds your statements/code that will be executed when certain conditions are met which are usually set by" if then" statements .

Code:
    if money >= goldfee then
    player:ModifyMoney( -goldfee )
    else
    player:SendAreaTriggerMessage("You don't have enough gold!")
    end
    So that could be used in a Function.
    An important thing to note is that " >=" means greater or equal which are called Relational Operators.

This might sound confusing to some people but I found that when I first started looking at lua scripts and trying to make sense of things it became easier once i understood the basic things that are found everywhere in the script. Then when I find things I don't understand i look them up.

Functions in Eluna get called with registered events you place at the bottom of the script If I recall correctly in other game/engines/programs the way functions get called by the game/engines/program can vary but with Eluna it uses Registered events

The RegisterPlayerEvent is really important because this is how the functions get called.

For example if
    Code:
    RegisterPlayerEvent(12, OnXP)
    is at the bottom of the script then when a player gets xp the function OnXP gets called.

Here is an example of an OnXp function that could be called when player gets xp.

Code:
    local function OnXP(event, player, amount, victim)

local Rate = 3
    local givexp = amount * Rate
    return givexp

end
    I'll explain
    Code:
    OnXP(event, player, amount, victim)
    so when the player gets xp and the function OnXP gets called the function receives event, player, amount, victim data that can be used in the function. If you look at the code above you see
    Code:
    amount
    but I never defined amount and I don't have to because when the function was called the amount of xp the player got was passed to the function.

I defined Rate with
    Code:
    local Rate = 3
    and
    Code:
    The
    Code:
    return givexp
    part returns the new amount and the xp the player gets becomes the givexp ammount

Here is a script to change xp.

Code:
    local function OnXP(event, player, amount, victim)
    local money = player:GetCoinage()
    local Rate = 3
    return givexp
    end

RegisterPlayerEvent(12, OnXP)

Hopefully this all made some sense to you.
    Last edited by skuly; 06-17-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by burgerguy45 View Post
    Any help on how to make my own custom scripts? Like a teleporter to each instance or something?
    But you can just download a Teleporter script.

There is a teleporter npc that is pretty cool here Downloads | RochetCode and it's only SQL no script. The npc is in every city and you could manually spawn it in starter zones if you wanted.

Or you could edit my player menu if you understand it and add teleport options but that would be a lot of work with all those destinations.. What I would do if I wanted to added teleports to my menu script would be to find a script with destination already written out and paste them into my menu script instead of having to write everything.

Creating my BIS NPC script took awhile and was a pain because I had to get all the Gear Item ID's and put them in the script and I hated it.

So probably best to look for a script already made and edit it if it's not exactly what you want.

zaicopx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    38/56
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a while I won't be updating this repack anymore because I just recovered from surgery and now I've been busy with my new job. Thank you for being part of my repack.

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zaicopx View Post
    For a while I won't be updating this repack anymore because I just recovered from surgery and now I've been busy with my new job. Thank you for being part of my repack.

Thanks for everything you've done so far. After I downloaded your Repack it got me playing around with Eluna and learning more Lua. Years ago I used to make an Addon for a game called Firefall and I was working with lua back then but I forgot most of what I had learned and it's been nice to get a refresher.

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forked your Repo and added Reforging, Solocraft, CrossfactionBattlegrounds and removed RDF cooldown. Is it ok if I share it here?
    Last edited by skuly; 06-21-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I built an updated version of this using zaicopx's repo, I added reforging, solocraft and crossfaction battlegrounds. I have no way to test the battlegrounds so idk if that works. Also I removed the cooldown for RDF so you can leave and not have to wait the 15 minutes to be able to que again.

I have the reforging npc spawned in a few cities but the id for the reforging npc is 190011 if you want to add it in other spots.

The core is almost 2 months newer (June 24th ) so there are Db updates that need to be applied.

Just run the Update_DB.bat while you have mysql running and it should update your database unless you changed the root password on mysql.

DOWNLOAD(is now outdated)

Update 2 is Here (TrinityCore NPCBots Repack (Update 25-06-2020)). Newer Trinity core and New NPCBots v4.10.11a.

And here are my Menu and Custom_XP scripts I've been working on. I've put them on github I added the NPCbot Hire npc to the menu, so it spawns for 30 seconds then despawns.

Last edited by skuly; 07-23-2021 at 02:00 PM.

11. Thanks zaicopx (1 members gave Thanks to skuly for this useful post)
    zaicopx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    38/56
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please

13. Thanks skuly (1 members gave Thanks to zaicopx for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please
    I shared it 2 days ago, not sure if anyone has tried it yet. The update is only 5mb because it is just the auth&world server and their configs and DB updates.

swampus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be working to me, thank you for updating the core.

16. Thanks skuly (1 members gave Thanks to swampus for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    6/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for letting me know it works.

I'm new to compiling and had a lot of hurdles so I'm glad to know it works.
    Last edited by skuly; 06-29-2021 at 11:53 AM.

18. Thanks den13501, zaicopx (2 members gave Thanks to skuly for this useful post)
    den13501's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by skuly View Post
    Thanks for letting me know it works.

I'm new to compiling and had a lot of hurdles so I'm glad to know it works.
    Thank you for continuing the work of zaicopx's work.

20. Thanks skuly (1 members gave Thanks to den13501 for this useful post)
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast