2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GlobalWoW [All-GM Land-Buying WotLK Server] [ArcEmu Files]

Back in the day when the threat of the Lich King was still on the horizon, GlobalWoW rose up to become a steady All-GM server that existed in the shadow of EchelonedWoW. However, while it was much lighter in population, there were two perks to it that kept its players loyal:

• NPC and gameobject spawning were both donation-free, which was a godsend for players that either had no means to donate or just preferred not to.
    • A unique land-buying system, which allowed players to claim numerous square plots of land wherever they saw fit in the world. These plots allowed only that player and their permitted friends/guildmates to spawn within them.

Many players were divisive of the land-buying system, as EchelonedWoW by then had a phase-creation system, which allowed players to build in their own version of the entire map. Others, however, preferred to have one connected world. While it was a pain to see a desired spot already claimed, the bonuses of being able to create towns close to either in-character friendly allies or hated enemies kept the playerbase loyal for much of the server's lifespan.

GlobalWoW soon fell to demise around August of 2009, some couple of months after public vote-kick and vote-ban systems were created, both of which became heavily abused. This reason, along with others I'm sure, caused the original developer, zonpowa, to depart from his position, bringing GlobalWoW down for a few months. Early on in 2010, another developer named Terrorblade brought the server back and kept it updated for some time until just prior the Cataclysm expansion being released.

As a former player of both eras and administrator of the latter, I greatly enjoyed my time on GlobalWoW and have been saddened that its legacy seems to have been all but forgotten.

After some years of having these files on a DVD-Rom and a MediaFire server, I've decided to release what I have for the public. I don't imagine anyone will actually end up using these files to create a successful server of their own, but at the very least maybe someone could learn something from these files. If nothing else, I'm posting these for historical purposes.

GlobalWoW

Thank you for your time.

-Irulon Doomfist

GlobalWoW [All-GM Land-Buying WotLK Server] [ArcEmu Files]
  2. Thanks malahmen (1 members gave Thanks to Bigstackstwo for this useful post)